Some children left behind

"All right it's the last day of school. We got five minutes to go over all of American history." Mr Iglesias said. I don't call him dad at school I call him Mr Iglesias. "Wiped out the indigenous people, oppressed the blacks, did some good stuff around World War II and now the sun is setting on our empire." Marisol said.

"Yea, I guess we did cover it all." Mr Iglesias said. "Yea, and even some stuff that didn't happen. Like landing on the moon, come on." Lorenzo said. I looked at him crazy and just smacked him upside the head since I sit right next him. He looked at me confusingly. "I really got you to get you off reddit Lorenzo." Mr Iglesias said.

"All right, I see everybody gazing, looking out the window, ready to go full Braveheart on everyone." Mr Iglesias said as he walked towards the window and opened the blinds. "They might take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!" He said in a Scottish accent. The whole class laughed at his silly outburst. "Sorry , Ms Thompson! I didn't mean to scare you!" Mr Iglesias said in his normal voice.

He closed the blinds. "Oh, that's not gonna end well." Mr Iglesias said while walking back to the center of the class. "Of course, England did take Scotland's freedom, and they've had it for over 700 years. Don't tell Mel Gibson." Me Iglesias said. "Wait, Mel Gibson lost?" Mikey asked. "Yeah, it was kind of the beginning of a long losing streak for him." Mr Iglesias replied.

"Alright, bonus points. What did America have that Scotland didn't have, besides men who wears pants? This coming from a guy wearing shorts." Mr Iglesias said. "I got this. Weapons." Walt said. Mr Iglesias looked away with wide eyes then looked back at Walt. "Seriously Walt? You think the scots got to the battlefield and was like." Mr Iglesias said then started talking in a Scottish accent. "Hey Angus, is there something we're forgetting? Oh, no, I got my charger and my Bluetooth speakers. What're we forgetting? Weapons!" Mr Iglesias said.

"America was basically a castle with a 3,000-mile moat. It's called the Atlantic Ocean." Marisol said. "Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! Marisol is right once again! You're always right. You're worse then my ex." Mr Iglesias said. "No offense Mr Iglesias but your ex was insane." I said while shuddering. He just nodded in agreement with me. I looked up and I see Marisol looking at me. When she realized I saw her staring at me she immediately looked away while blushing? I must be imagining it, there is no way Marisol likes me back.

Mr Iglesias walked to the map in front. "All right, look guys. It took the British two months to sail food all the way across to here, all right? They could've just called dominos." Mr Iglesias said.

"Ooh I'll split a meat lovers." Walt said. "My man." Mr Iglesias said while fist bumping Walt. "Okay lightning round. Who remembers the Monroe Doctrine?" Mr Iglesias asked. Marisol raised her hand and Mr Iglesias didn't look her way but he knew she had her hand up. "Anyone else?" He asked. We all looked away from him and him knowing that we forgot what that is. He then looked at Marisol. "Go ahead." He said.

"In 1823, James Monroe declares any intervention by external powers in the politics of the Americas a hostile act." Marisol replied. "So smart." Mikey said dreamily. We all looked at Mikey crazy. He then scoffs "James Monroe." Mikey said trying to save himself from embarrassment. "Yea, Mikey real smart." I said sarcastically.

"Okay, now, while Monroe is best remembered for his doctrine, I think he really should be remembered as the first president with enough courage to say." Mr Iglesias said and pointed at the board with the past presidents. "Enough with the powdered wigs." He said. "I mean seriously. Aside from RuPaul, who thought this was a good look?" Mr Iglesias said.

"Our country was founded by a bunch of dudes who woke up every morning asking their wives" he continued. "M'lady, have you seen my wig? I can't seem to find- And my powder, I cannot find my powder. Where is my powder?" He said in a British accent. We were all dying laughing. "Anyway we went 200 years without such a bizarre hairstyle again." He said while pointing at the pictures of our past presidents until it got to trump.