Summer school

It was the last day of summer school for us. Everyone was sitting down in the desk and I see Marisol with some headphones in looks like she selling something to someone. I always admire how hard she worked for her family. "Hey last day of summer school! We lived, we laughed, we learned. Some of us more than others." Mr Iglesias said. "Yay, we did it. We had no fun all summer. Whoo." Walter said sarcastically.

Dad just chuckled at Walter sarcastic reply. "You know, the next time you see me, I'll be wearing my fall shorts." Mr Iglesias said. He then turned to look at Marisol who is still on call. I now just realized that Mikey is not here, I was wondering why it was so quiet today. "Hey, Marisol, what are you selling? Reverse mortgage? Squatty potties?" Mr Iglesias said. "Ay! Shh!" Marisol said. "Yes, solar power is expensive, but what price do you put on saving the planet?" Marisol asked the person on call. "Oh, here comes the kill shot." I said to Lorenzo. "Finish him!" Dad said in a mortal kombat voice.

"Yea, well, you know who thanks me everyday for putting panels in our home? My grandchildren." Marisol said. And it looks like she just sold something. "Great! I'll have my assistant call you to set up an appointment." Marisol said while she fist bump Mr Iglesias. "Yeah! You know, I've seen teen mom, but I've never seen teen grandma." I said to Marisol. She just smiled at me. "Well, when I'm selling solar panels, I've got two grandkids. When I'm signing people up for wrongful death lawsuits, I'm a widow from Detroit. And when I work at 7-eleven, I got a brother who's a UFC fighter waiting in the parking lot." Marisol explained.

"All right, well, I am excited to meet your grandkids, I'm so sorry for your loss, and remind not to mess with your brother." Mr Iglesias said. Marisol chuckled a little. "Wait a minute, I love the UFC. Can you brother hook us up with tickets?" Lorenzo said. I just stared at him dumbfounded. "Lorenzo. Her brother is as real as her grandkids." I said. "Great so where are we at with these tickets?" Walter asked. "Pay attention, fool. Her stupid grandkids got 'em." Lorenzo said. Seriously how fucking stupid can they be? "What?" Marisol gasped. "Could this summer get any worse?" Walter asked.

"Look, I know it doesn't feel like it, but in reality, we are the big winners here, okay? This is my impression of someone who didn't have summer school." Mr Iglesias said. "Oh my god! Summer, yes! Let's go to the beach! Wow, sand! Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot! Oh, frozen banana! Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold! Oh, let's go swimming! Ouch! Who lost a syringe?" He said in a high pitch voice. We all laughed at his joke. "Alright everyone, we are one oral report away from passing summer school." Mr Iglesias said in his regular voice. "Oral." Walter chuckled. I sometimes wonder what goes on in his mind but then again I don't want to be scarred for the rest of my life.

"Yea, Walt, they said it couldn't be done, but you did it, not once, not twice, but ten orals." Mr Iglesias said as he went to the board that has the tally marks of how many oral presentations we did. Then Mikey came in the class. "Ah, sorry I'm late. I was watching that Lincoln documentary you told us to." Mikey said. "Lincoln was a real badass. No president killed more vampires than that guy." Walter said. "Not that documentary, but a very underrated film. Yeah, the way he killed Dracula with that ax handle. Oh! Very presidential." Mr Iglesias said. "You know, in the Lincoln movie I watched, he said, 'until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword.' Second inaugural address, Lincoln from way downtown. Bang!" Mikey said excitedly then went to his seat by Marisol. "Careful, Mikey. People don't like to hear 'Lincoln' and 'bang' in the same sentence." I said making dad agree with me.

"Good job! You know, if you had brought it like that all summer, you wouldn't need to nail this report on Honest Abe." Mr Iglesias said. "Yes, on our greatest president, who we honor by putting him on our cheapest coin." Marisol said sarcastically. Mikey started laughing nervously. "Is that what- cheapest-amazing." Mikey said dreamily looking at Marisol who pushed his head to look at Mr. Iglesias. "What about you, Grace? Are you ready for this final?" Mr. Iglesias asked. "Yeah, dog. I was born ready." Grace computer said. Mr. Iglesias went to Grace side. "You know, being that your presentation is on Susan B. Anthony, it might be a good idea to put you computer in a female voice." Mr. Iglesias said. "This is a female voice. Check your privileges. You are part of the problem." Grace computer said as she looked at Mr Iglesias. "No, Grace. I'm not part of the problem. And by the way, this is a female voice." Mr Iglesias said before talking like a black woman. "And I told him, 'look, I don't play, baby, okay? If you bring the weak ass game up in here, it's gon' get sent." Mr Iglesias said in a females voice.

The class laughed at his impression of what seems like principal Madison. "Oh, my god, that's a killer principle Madison impression." Mikey said. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! That's not principal Madison. That's just some random lady." Mr. Iglesias said in his normal voice. "Well, whoever it is, she's sexy as hell." Walter said. I looked at him very weirded out. "Oh, you know how to make a girl blush." Mr. Iglesias said in a females voice.

Time Skip

We were all in Mr iglesias class waiting for dad to tell us something. "All right everyone, it is time for your presentations, so let's get ready to not mumble!" Mr Iglesias said. We all got up from our seats and got ready to go out when Mr Iglesias stopped us for a second. "Hey, real quick, before you head out into the hallway to wait your turn, there's been a last-second change. Um, Ms Spencer's gonna be grading you." Mr Iglesias said to us. "Ooh! My ginger sister from another mister." Walter said. "Yo, last-second changes are always bad news." I said then Lorenzo continued for me. "Like when Jackie O said, oh, it's just a sunny day out. Let's not take the bulletproof car." Lorenzo continued. Marisol pointed at us agreeing with us. Mr Iglesias chuckled at us. "Relax, Y/n and Lorenzo. This is actually a good last-second change. Uh, kinda like when they gave the Oscar to moonlight instead of la la land." Mr Iglesias said to us.

Me and Lorenzo nodded our heads agreeing with him. "Come on. A white guy saving jazz. Anyway, if there's any one person at this school who's nicer than me, it's Ms Spencer." Mr Iglesias said, just then the door opened and Ms Spencer came in with a scowl and looked hella mean. "All right. Let's get this over with." Ms Spencer said. We all looked at Mr Iglesias who actually looked scared too. Yeah, you said she was the nicest, thanks a lot dad you jinxed it. We all stood outside while Marisol did her presentation first. After a good five or ten minutes she came out with a McDonald's hat. "I'll see you at work, Y/n." Marisol said to me as she left. It was then my turn. My presentation is on Martin Luther king jr.

I stood up in front of Ms Spencer while dad was behind me. I talked about how colored people weren't being accepted in the white society and how they were separated and were being treated unfairly and then Martin Luther King Jr wanted everything to change and wrote a speech that's been famous for years called 'I have a dream' I also told her how he was assassinated but his legacy still lived on. After I was finished I see Ms Spencer looked impressed. "Good job, Y/n. I hope a woman never dims your light and ruin you forever." Ms Spencer said to me. "Okay, thanks. I guess?" I said to her confused. I took out my McDonald's hat and put it on me. "Ms Spencer I'll see you in the fall and dad I'll see you at the driver thru and at home." I said to them and left. I went out side and grabbed my skateboard and rode to work.

I see Marisol and greeted her and started working at the counter. I see Lorenzo, Walter and Grace, I greeted them with a smile and did their orders. Marisol gave me their foods and smiled at me and I did the same and gave them their foods. "When are you gonna tell Marisol that you like her?" Lorenzo asked me. "Yeah, I'm making bets with Grace to see how long your gonna confess." Walter said to me. "I don't know, probably never besides I don't wanna ruin our friendship just because I told her I like her." I explained. "Y/n, everyone knows that she likes you back, you just never seem to notice." Lorenzo said to me. I looked back at Marisol who was staring at me this whole time and turned back to my other friends. "I'll tell her soon, okay." I said to them. I then went back to work.

After four hours mine and Marisol shift was over. Marisol mom gave me a ride home. After I got home I went immediately went to bed so fucking tired. But my friends are right though, I need to confess to Marisol soon.