twelve

april 19th, 2016

hydra facility, siberia

THE QUINJET WINDS DOWN, dropping down on the snowy wasteland.

Stepping out of her seat, Aurora watches as Bucky picks up a gun from the drawer labeled 'ROMANOFF' on it. The husband shows the wife the gun he picked, she shrugged and nodded.

Aurora snatched Bucky's windbreaker from his seat, zipping it up.

Now, Bucky, Steve, and Aurora stood together as the door hatch opened and the cold air breezed through.

"Do you remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve turned to Bucky, sharing a memory.

"Was that the time we had to use our train money to buy hotdogs?" Bucky said, Aurora remembering that day vividly.

Aurora added, "Member when you threw three bucks that stuffed bear for a red-head?" she shifted to Steve with a wide grin.

"What was her name again?"

"Dolores, you called her Dot," said Aurora.

Bucky shook his head, "Dude, she's gotta be a hundred years old by now."

"So are we, pal."

Steve patted Bucky on the back, Aurora smiled at the two seeing as her two best friends come together again, making her miss home even more.

All three of them stepped out into the cold mountainside, Aurora shivered as the wind and snow sliced across her body. Bucky reached back for her, knowing that this was the worse condition for her to be in.

"Let's get inside, Ro," he asked her her hand, she took it as they walked through the already opened up door.

Following, the group of three stood in a dimly lit elevator going down into the cave. Aurora was tense, the thick air was enough for her to suffocate and her chest tightened

"Hey, hey," Bucky noticed Aurora struggling. "It's okay, I'm here, alright? I'm here," his human hand still holding on to her, she squeezed tightly but it didn't bother her.

The elevator suddenly comes to a stop, the door slides open and Steve pulls up the gate.

Walking out, Bucky held his gun up and Aurora created a ball of flames in her hand acting as a light. They carefully examined each corner, making sure no one was there. Walking up the stairs, all three jumped at the sound of a door opening.

Turning back, Aurora's flame grew brighter and ready to strike whoever was coming.

"You ready?" Steve says while ducked behind his shield.

"Yeah," both Bucky and Aurora responded.

Peeling back the door, they all recognized the blue light of the familiar red and gold mask. None other than Tony Stark stood there in all of his glory.

"You see a little defensive," the man says after his mask stripped back.

Steve nods, "It's been a long day."

Stark eyes the two sitting at the top of the stairs, armed and ready to strike. "At ease, soldier, I'm not here after you," he says but they didn't move.

"Then why are you here?" Steve asked.

"Maybe your story's not so crazy," Tony walks up to Steve. "Ross has no idea I'm here and I'd like to keep it that way, otherwise I'd have to arrest myself."