chapter nine - on the same page

writers block sucks, here's a chapter then wasn't posted earlier. we gonna try to start writing again cause this series is fun

- sammy 

   After Scott got the phone call that informed him of Stiles's whereabouts that urged him, Alec, and Jace to leave in a hurry, Asher was set free from the institute and left on his own. He ran to his Corvette that was parked outside of his favourite cafe, which wasn't opened because it was two in the morning. "I'll come back another day for my coffee." Asher said quietly to himself, and began to drive off, back to the Triquetra home in Roscoe. He didn't even know why he drove so far off from his home just to get Stiles off his mind. There was something special about him that Asher just couldn't stop thinking about.

"God, I'm so stupid falling for a straight guy." Asher groaned loudly, sitting in the car alone. "He's not interested in me, I have to get over myself-"

While Asher was ranting to himself, he took his eyes off the road and a deer sprinted directly in front of his car. When he looked back at the road, his eyes widened and he swerved his car to avoid it, almost colliding with a tree. He slammed the brakes and pulled over. He stepped out of the driver's side door and put his head in his hands. "I could have freaking died! And it's all Stiles's fault!"

"What kind of name is Stiles?" Asher's head darted in the direction of the voice, to which he was greeted by a stranger's face. "Need some help?"

Asher looked around and saw that no one else was near them. "I'm fine, thanks for asking." He said quickly, turning back around to get back into his car.

"Are you sure about that? It sounds to me like you need some help with your love life." The man smirked, which made Asher shift uncomfortably.

"How much of that did you hear..?"

"Eric." The man said quickly, turning the keys in his ignition, turning off his car.

"Listen, Eric, I appreciate the thought, but I really gotta go-"

Hearing this, Eric opened his car door and grabbed Asher's hand as he was trying to walk away. He practically threw him in his car.

"Okay, what do you want?" Asher asked and pulled out his seraph blade and hid it behind him on the car seat. It didn't seem like Eric wanted to hurt Asher, but he took it out just in case.

"Look, I know you were on that lunatic Sapphire's side before. You don't know who I am, but I think we can help each other out." Eric said frantically. Asher nodded his head slowly. "Well, I'm a warlock. My older brother Owen, who was also a warlock, was murdered by Sapphire. You probably already know that story..."

"Oh my god. He was your brother? I'm so sorry..." Asher said. He couldn't help but feel bad for Eric. Owen was innocent, and Sapphire only killed him because he didn't give her a spell she wanted.

Eric sighed and continued. "It's alright, I don't need your pity. Ever since then, I've wanted to get back at Sapphire. My brother did not deserve to be murdered by a monster. I've tried many things, I tried to make a spell that would defeat her once and for all. Nothing worked. That's why I decided to come find you, or one of the others in your Triquetra. You guys know her, and I heard about how you left her. So... we're on the same side. I can help you defeat her, but I had to find you quickly because, well, I think Apollo and Ivy are in trouble."

"What? What do you mean?" Asher asked, his eyes widened.

"I used a complex spell to see where Sapphire was. When I finally got through, I saw her with them tied to chairs. I can make you a portal, but we will need back up. I can feel that Sapphire has gotten stronger somehow. I tried to talk to warlocks that could help me, but they fear her."