chapter two - temptation

"God, I wish I really was dead!"

"Shut up, Stiles. We've been over this, you're training until I explicitly say that you aren't. Got that?" Apollo sneered, absolutely sick of Stiles complaining.

"But we've been going at it for literal hours. Like, at least six!" He argued.

Apollo rolled his eyes. "Try two, you baby.  Weren't you a shadowhunter? One that hunts literal demons? What happened to that stamina?" He jeered, trying to reve him up.

"Well, maybe I was a weak one!" Stiles yelled.

"That's not something to be proud of, you know!" Apollo barked, and the two butted heads once again. He used his magic to make Stiles's feet heavy and unable to walk. When he tried to move away from the warlock, he couldn't.

Stiles put all of his force into trying to lift a foot. He groaned and muttered obscenities under his breath.

"You couldn't train before? Well, good luck dodging my blade now-"

"Lay off, guys. Stiles has been working hard for weeks, and all you guys do is argue." Asher interrupted, just as Apollo swung his dagger. He ended up slicing open Stiles's right shoulder to which Stiles groaned in pain. "Oh my god, Apollo!" Asher yelled again, immediately causing Apollo to back off from Stiles, and he reversed his spell so he could walk normally again. "Just let him take a quick break so he can patch up, and then you can get right back to it."

"Thank god!" Stiles said, redrawing his healing rune with his steele. After it healed he collapsed on the ground. He was extremely drained and could have fallen asleep standing up given the chance.

Asher gave Stiles a small smile and turned to look at Apollo. "Could I speak with you in the other room?" Asher asked, and Apollo nodded and the two went into the hallway.

"What's up?" Apollo asked.

"You need to stop being so hard on Stiles. He is trying his best, and despite your ridiculous teaching methods, he is improving." Asher whispered.

"Dude, why are you whispering? He is deadass passed out in the other room." Apollo said.

"Was I?" Asher laughed nervously. "I didn't even notice."

"Wait, why do you even care? I don't see you  stepping up to train him." Apollo inquired. Asher stayed quiet.

"It's because he likes him, you idiot," Ivy admitted as she walked by. Asher gave her a dirty look. "Sorry, I had to tell him eventually."

"That's bull. Asher likes girls. Remember that girlfriend you had two years ago?" Apollo asked.

"Maybe I like both, my man." Asher confessed.

"Wow, I'm really glad I got the memo on that  one." He said, dusting off his outfit.

"To be honest, I've been tempted to tell him a couple of times, but can never get around to it." Asher blushed.

"Tell who what?" Stiles asked, poking his head around the corner.

"Jesus!" Asher jumped out of shock from Stiles waking up and grabbed onto the wall so he wouldn't fall over.

"Sorry, I just took a much-needed rest there, but I'm ready to spar now." Stiles raved.  "Asher, maybe I can train with you?"

"Were you listening to our conversation?" Asher asked.

"Yeah, how much of that did you hear?" Ivy asked.

Stiles scratched his head. "Uhm, no. I didn't hear anything. Why, what were you talking about?" No one answered him. "Okay, I'm guessing it's something I don't want to hear."

"Exactly. I have to go pick something up." Asher said, quickly leaving the area so he wouldn't have to deal with Stiles. Stiles looked confused.

"I thought we were gonna practice together for once." He sighed. "I really don't feel like doing it with you again, Apollo. No offense"

"Full offense was taken, Lightwood." He drawled, scaring Stiles. "Maybe I'll go a little easy on you this time. Just a little."

"Actually, I think I'll cover it this time," Ivy said, getting between them. "I actually will go easy on you."

"At least somebody is nice around here, thanks, Ivy." Stiles replied. Apollo rolled his eyes at him.

Just as he and Ivy were going to start training, Stiles felt a sudden urge to see his parabatai. He felt like he needed to search for him.

He wasn't sure how much longer he could be the dead shadowhunter. He missed everyone, he missed Scott. He didn't want to be here anymore, and he couldn't take being locked up with these people, especially Apollo. The temptations were growing, and he wasn't sure how he could continue living like this. Sooner rather than later, he'd need to find a way to escape.

He needed to find a way now.