chapter six - found

this chapter is kinda cute, enjoy

Stiles's eyes widened when he heard someone saying his name. He looked across the street and saw bright eyes staring back at him. The streetlight illuminated the figure just enough for Stiles to make out a semblance of the man.

After concentrating for short enough a time to not be questioned, he recognized who the man was. It was Derek Hale, a member of Scott's pack. Stiles tried to avoid eye contact and shoved his chips and five-hour energy into his tail bag quicker.

"Sorry, no me." Stiles said in a heavy fake russian accent. He didn't want to be found out yet, especially not by a member of Scott's pack. He wanted to prepare first.

"No, get over here, now." He said in his alpha voice, almost shaking the ground between them. Stiles yipped in fear and dropped the helmet he was putting on, beginning to make his way across the street.

"Okay, jeez. Thanks for the warm welcome back after my murder."

"How- What-" Derek stuttered, still shocked that the person he was talking to was actually his dead friend, who clearly wasn't dead.

Stiles went closer to Derek and pulled him into an embrace. "There, I did it for you." He smirked.

Derek hugged him back, and let go after about 20 seconds. "Please explain, now." He looked a little emotional and shaken up - so much was going through his mind. "Normally when someone I love dies, they don't come back. This is new to me." Derek said.

"Let's talk about this somewhere private. I think if people hear this conversation, they totally won't think we're crazy." Stiles laughed, but Derek didn't join in. "I guess this surreal for you, huh?"

"Yeah, it is," Derek admitted. "Can I ask why you were smuggling stuff into the tail bag on that motorcycle?"

"No, you can't, actually." Stiles responded, not wanted to talk about how he just robbed a store.

"Whatever you say then, shadowhunter." Derek said, smiling.

Stiles raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so we're playing that game now, sour wolf?" He asked, a competitive tone to his voice. "I bet I could take you right now."

Derek let out a throaty laugh. "I'd love to see you try."

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows and took out his stele from his pocket. He winced slightly as he traced his new strength rune that Asher showed him how to draw. Derek looked at Stiles questioningly.

"Isn't that cheating?" Derek asked, to which Stiles held up a finger signaling him to wait a second. After he traced it, Stiles felt an energy run through him, almost like the rune let adrenaline drive through his veins.

"Ready to make a move, tough guy?" Derek sneered mockingly, trying to jeer Stiles on. Stiles smirked and pushed Derek with very little force, knocking him over instantly. Derek fell backward right onto his ass, but not before practically flying backwards from the impact. He sat on the ground for a minute in shock before Stiles made his way over to him dramatically and offered his hand to him to help him stand.

Derek groaned as Stiles pulled him up from the ground. "Alright, point made, shadowhunter. But I still think that using your runes is cheating."

Stiles mock scoffed. "Cheating? Me? I could never." Derek rolled his eyes and dusted himself off.

"So, what are your plans for tonight? Rob a couple more convenience stores and have a party out here by yourself? Or were you gonna go back to the institute?"

Stiles rubbed the back of his neck. "I honestly don't know anymore. My whole life changed when it ended." He started. "When Sapphire stabbed me, I was at peace with death, surrounded by my family, my friends, my parabatai. Facilis descensus Averno."