Not Quite A Fairytale ch 4

Chapter 4

(Two days later...)

Taylor's POV

I hadn't talked to Jared in a while after the fundraiser. I just didn't know what I could say. Jordan's annoying remarks weren't helping either.

She called me yesterday to somehow, warn, me about him.

"Hi BFF!"

"I'm not your BFF, Jordan."

"Whatever. I heard what happened with you and Jared." she said with an edge.

"Nothing happened."

"Oh please! A few, let's just say, reliable sources, told me about the almost kiss that you guys had."

How could she have known? Did Jared tell her just to rub it in her face or something?

"I...I don't know what you are talking about."

"Hmmm. Well I'd keep my distance. You know when we used to date, we broke up because he, like, cheated on me."

I thought about this for a minute.

"And you've heard of all those girls he's dated in school. All he does is sleep with them, and leave them. He did it to me, what's to say he wouldn't do it to you?"

There was a pause. Maybe she was right. We had only been friends for a short time and out of nowhere he tried to kiss me. Jordan was right.

Drew's POV

After what happened at the fundraiser, I hadn't seen Jared for, like, two days. I hadn't told him about my run in with Richard either. I thought that he had enough on his mind, what with Taylor and all. If I told him, would it make him want to stay away from her? After all they did seem pretty happy together, even thought they weren't really together. Maybe I should tell him...

"Hello? Taylor?"

"No....It's me...Drew."

"Oh right..."

"Why did you think I was Taylor?"

"I dunno, I haven't heard from her in a while. I thought she would call or something."

"Maybe you should call...?"

"I tried but she didn't answer! Maybe she doesn't want to be friends anymore because of what happened or-"

"That's bull-crap, dude. It's pretty obvious she likes you just as much as you like her. I see how she is with you."

"I don't know, I think I'm kind of-"

"What?"

"I think I'm in love with her." Ah jeez.

"Woah. Wow I didn't know you felt that way-"

"I have been like this with anyone else, and she's not like the other girls I've dated."

"Well, I think you should go for it! She seems alright," I remembered what Richard said.

"I'll go and see her then! See you around."

"Wait! I have to tell you-" Before I could say anything he hung up. Damn. I couldn't risk Richard, Kyle or even Ryan interfering with Jared's love life. He had already done enough damage.

Taylor's POV

"Taylor, there's someone here for you!" Tarynn excitedly called. Judging by her level of excitement there could only have been one person downstairs

And I was right.

It was Jared.

"What are you doing here?"