Chapter 10

The next morning I woke to find Nessie snuggled up against me in my bed. It felt different though, than any other Friday night sleepover, and I smiled remembering the events of the night before. She had wanted very much to return the favor, so to speak, but I was able to convince her it wasn't necessary. I would be in enough hot water if her father heard either of us thinking about this later on. As a result, my morning wood was more painful than usual and I hobbled into the bathroom to shower and ease my suffering. I tried not to wake Nessie. I wanted to surprise her with breakfast. When I came out of the bathroom I was a little disappointed to find her awake. She gave me a big smile and I leaned over to kiss her good morning.

"I wanted to have breakfast ready for you when you woke" I explained. "What would you like?"

"Eggs and toast?" she suggested.

"Okay. Don't go anywhere." I winked at her as I headed for the hall.

She hopped out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. I heard the water running as I entered the kitchen. I was back with scrambled eggs, toast with jam, and orange juice before she even finished in the shower. She'd left the bathroom door open but if she thought she was getting any more naughty behavior out of me right now she was sorely mistaken. I'd pushed our boundaries last night and didn't want to go too far. I put her clothes on the hook in the bathroom and shut the door. She must have gotten the hint because when the door finally opened she was fully dressed.

"Thank you" I said. "I don't think I could resist you in a towel right now, Ness. You're too sexy," I said explaining my actions. Her feelings must have been slightly hurt because she just smiled and nodded before changing the subject.

"Thank you for breakfast, it looks delicious."

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked, taking a bit of egg.

"Well, maybe we could go into town? We've been here for a while now and we still haven't done much exploring. There's got to be some fun things to do around here."

"Alright, that sounds fun" I agreed. I was just thinking about her choice of words and how I'd done plenty of exploring last night when she jumped up from the bed and clapped her hands together shouting, "Oh, oh! I forgot that I brought over your Valentine's Day present last night! Wait right here, I left it in the living room." I felt a wave of guilt remembering that our first Valentine's was so terrible we hadn't even exchanged gifts.

She was back in a few seconds with a little black box with a red bow. I ripped the paper open to find a brand new Ipod with an engraving on the back that read: Jacob & Renesmee Forever.

"I knew you wanted one for when you're at work."

"Thanks, hun. I did want one. I love it." I leaned over the breakfast plates and gave her a long kiss. She smiled and blushed a light pink. I remembered that I'd stashed her present under my bed so I rolled off and knelt on the floor.

"Your gift is in my secret hiding place so pretend you don't see this" I joked.

I pulled out the shoebox and started shifting through the random stuff I had in there until finally I pulled out her Valentine's present. Under it I saw her other gift, the one I'd been hiding there for weeks. Suddenly the earrings in my hand seemed like an insult. What I really wanted to give her was in the velvet box. I deliberated for a moment trying to decide what to do. My heart started pounding and I felt my hands start to clam up a bit.