Chapter 14 - The end

"What's you're name?" Bethany asks.

"Katherine Mattens,"

"How old are you?"

"18,"

"Please tell me what happened,"

I take a deep breath in and release it.

"I was lying in my bedroom, and I grabbed my phone to see a text from my ex boyfriend, James. He told me to meet him down on the beach at 10, so I walked down to the beach and when I found him he was sitting alone on the edge of the water, when I sat down next to him, he instantly reach across his body and grabbed me tight around my neck, he then proceeded to punch me and I fell backwards into the sand. I... I don't remember anything after that but he must have dragged me into the water to make it look like I had drowned and he found me."

Bethany nods slowly and finishes writing her notes.

"So you're saying that his statement that you had drowned and he found you is false?" She demands.

"Yes it is," I say slowly.

She nods and sighs. Then I remember something. I had recorded it on my phone.

"I.. I," I start but a pain shoots through my chest and I let out a small shriek of pain.

"What happened to my chest?" I ask as the pain starts to ease.

"He shot you," Bethany says calmly.

"I.. I... I recorded it in my phone," I say nervously.

"Where is your phone? Do you know?" Bethany asks, suddenly alarmed.

I nod and reach over to the table and grab my phone. I unlock it and go into phots. When I had been walking down the beach, I set up my phone in the sand in case something happened, so that I would have it on video. My mum or James must have found my phone and then called the ambulance. I find the video and hand my phone to Bethany. I hear the screams, then splashes, then a gunshot. I start to cry. The pain in my chest begins to come back.

"When will I be released from hospital?" I ask

"I hate to tell you Katherine, but you are on life support, he shot you very close to your heart, meaning that you are now on life support," The nurse says.

I cry harder.

"It's ok Katherine, now that we have this, we can end your pain..."