Chapter 6

...Mum: Hey sweetie, don't worry about the eggs and milk if you have forgotten, it's not urgent, by the way James just go her! Xx

I don't reply. I rush to my car and quickly throw the bag of chips and lollies onto the passenger seat of the car and sit down and buckle up my seatbelt. I turn on the car and quickly pull out of the car park. I drive down the streets to my house and when I arrive, I see James walk out the front door. He stops and waves with a smile. I turn off the car and wave back at him. I unbuckle my seatbelt and lean over the console and grab the bag of chips and lollies.

I open the car door and shut and lock it again. I quickly rush up to him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"Woah! Slow down girl!" James says with a giggle.

"Sorry," I say stepping back with a nervous laugh.

"Nah, all good, I'm just messing with you," He says and plants a kiss on my cheek.

We walk inside hand in hand. Mum is still cooking dinner in the kitchen. I let go of James's hand and walk over to her. I put my car keys back in cupboard and walk over and stand next to her.

"You'll never guess who's back to stay the summer," I say joyfully.

"Who?" Mum demands playfully.

"Emma!" I say excitedly, "we're going to the beach tomorrow morning."

"Wow! You should invited her and her parents over for dinner tomorrow night! I would love to catch up with her and her parents again!" Mum exclaims happily.

"Sure thing!" I say and walk over to James.

"No way! Emma's really here for the summer?" James says surprised.

"Yeah way!" I say, "she invited you to come to the beach with us tomorrow James."

"Sure thing I'll come, remember the old days of hanging out in high school? Boy that was a while ago," James says thoughtfully.

"Hahaha yeah, let's go upstairs," I say grabbing James's arm and drag him up the stairs.

"Ok, ok I'm coming," James says and stumbles up the stairs after me.

We run to the upstairs lounge room and I stop in the doorway. I put my hand over my mouth and gasp. An arrangement of blankets, pillows and snacks are spread across the floor and couch.

"Oh my gosh James!" I say flinging my arms around him, "did you do this all yourself?"

"Yeah haha," James says with a nervous laugh.

"Thank you!" I say softly into his chest.

I release him and walk into the room and sit down in fornt of the television on the couch. I dangle my legs over the edge of the couch and James comes and sits down with my legs over his shoulders. He looks up at me with a goofy smile. I lean over to grab the television remote. I turn the television on and open apple tv.

"Can we please watch Dickinson?" I ask.

"We can watch anything I really don't mind," James says softly.

His short hair brushes against my leg and it kinda tickles. I turn on Dickinson and let the remote fall out of my hand and onto the couch. I sigh and sit back. I watch the episode intently listening to every word said, then all of a sudden, I feel James start tickling my foot.

"Stop!" I shriek.

He grabs me by the ankle and pulls me down onto the floor covered with pillows. He grabs me by the waist and tickles me until I can't breathe. He stops and lies down next to me, shoulders touching. I turn my head to look at him. He has a goofy smile spread across his face.

"I was trying to watch that James," I say trying to be serious.

"Oh come on! Can't we have a little fun?" He asks jokingly.

I roll my eyes jokingly, but he grabs me by my shoulders and kisses me. His lips are soft against mine and I melt into his arms. He lets go of me and I roll off of him and climb back onto the couch. He chases after me and tries to catch me but I escape his grip.

"Let me watch this!" I cry jokingly.

"Ok, ok! I'm going to open some snacks, want anything?" James asks as he leans over and grabs a bag of chips and Allens snakes.

"Can you chuck me a bag of Starburst party mix?" I ask as I continue watching to the television.

James gently throws me a bag of Starburst and when I catch it, I rip it back open. Another few hours go past, I grab my phone and look at the time. 10:36. I look out the window, the sky is dark and the only thing letting in any light to the room is street lights, car lights, building lights and the television. I look over at James, he looks like he's half asleep.

"James?" I whisper quietly incase he actually is asleep.

"Yeah?" He says propping himself up on his elbows.

"I'm going to sleep now, are you?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah, I'm coming up there though," James says as he grabs a blanket and crawls up next to me.

He spreads out the blanket over us and snuggles up next to me. He wraps his arms around me and brings my body closer to his. I snuggle into his arms and relax. I shut my eyes, and the next thing I know, I wake up and he's still asleep. I turn over and look into his face. I lightly drag my fingers across his soft cheeks and his eyes flutter open.

"Morning," He mutters softly.

"Morning," I reply with a soft smile, "ready to go to the beach? It's 9:40."

"Of course, I'm ready, I'm ready when you are," James says as he wraps his arms around me.

I wriggle out of his say and tell him that I'm going to go get ready. I rush into my bedroom and undo my braids; my hair is now full of soft beach waves. I slide into my green bikini that I was wearing yesterday when I went to the beach with James. I grab my vintage beach bag and grab James and I towels, my sunglasses, phone and sunscreen. I slide into one of my vintage beach skirts and take of my knee length socks and put on my slides. I walk back to the room where James and I slept and I grab a few bags of lollies.

"Come on let's go!"...