Ch. 10 - Flashbacks

*Flashback: 1*

"Haha, Luke, stop!" Michael gasps for breath before bursting out into laughter again.

"Make me" I laugh, continuing to tickle him.

"People are- hahaha- looking at us funny" he says, his eyes squeezed shut from the tickle treatment.

I look up and glance around the beach, there aren't many people here, but the small amount of people that were here, were staring at us, like Michael had said.

"Kiss me and I'll stop" I tell him.

"Okay, okay!" He laughs. I stop tickling him, a huge smile on my face. As I'm already straddling him, all I have to do is lean down, my hands moving to his chest as I do so, I kiss him.

"I love you" I mumble against his lips.

"I love you, too" he whispers as his hands reach up to grab hold of my waist.

*Flashback: 2*

"Michael- I- love- you" I say, each word being separated as I kiss the scars on Michael's stomach.

Michael lets out a content hum and continues to play with the ends of my hair. "I love you, too" he finally whispers.

I kiss his stomach a few more times before moving upwards, leaving a trail of kisses up along his chest, up his neck, and along his jaw, until I reach his lips. Michael's hands move down to my waist as he kisses me back.

We are hidden up in Michael's treehouse again, we spend more time up here together more than we do in his actual room... But we don't get interrupted when we are up here, it's like we really are in a world of our own.

If Michael's mum wants us for something, she just sends Michael a text, unlike when we are in his room and she just walks in... That's a little awkward sometimes.

"How did we end up here?" Michael asks, breaking the kiss momentarily.

"I don't know, fate?" I giggle before connecting our lips together again.

Michael smiles into the kiss, which makes me do the same, and soon, we are just snuggled up together, my head on his shoulder, his arm wrapped around my waist from behind, our free hands interlaced on top of Michael's chest.

*Flashback: 3*

"I wrote a song about us" Michael says quietly, a small smile on his face as we walk towards his treehouse.

"Really?" I ask, smiling at him as he stops to pat Federer.

"Yeah, it's called 'End Up Here', I'll play it for you" he tells me as we finally reach the ladder that leads up to the treehouse.

We climbed up the ladder and I watched Michael unlock the door before we walk inside and sit down on the bed together. Michael reaches for his guitar and starts to blush when he looks back up at me.

"What?" I ask, blushing as well.

"Nothing" he smiles, "I just can't believe you're mine".

Michael starts to play his guitar and then starts to sing. I get completely lost in the song, and when he's finished, I just kiss him and tell him it's perfect.

*Flashback: 4*

"Luke" Michael chokes out when I open the front door.

"Michael, are you okay? You don't have to cry" I tell him as I pull him into my arms.

"Y-Yes, I d-do" he sobs onto my shoulder.

"Why, what happened?" I ask in concern, shutting the front door before leading Michael over to the couch.

"N-Nothing, today just sucks! I h-hate my life!" He cries, snuggling up to me as much as he can.

"Hey, calm down, sweetheart!" I say softly, running my fingers though his hair, "It's just a bad day, not a bad life".

"But I can't take this pain" he cries.

"Just breath, you'll be okay" I tell him calmly, "Think of something happy! What makes you happy?".

"Y-You do... And video games" he sniffs.

"Well, look! I'm right here" I say enthusiastically, giving him a squeeze, then I point towards the TV across from us, "And there's a PlayStation 3".

"A three" he scoffs jokingly.

"Yeah, yeah, I don't have the four yet, leave me be" I chuckle, "Now, go pick a game".

Michael remains snuggled up to me for a moment before quickly pulling away and running to the cupboard where all of my games where. I slip down onto the ground, leaning against the couch, while Michael flicks through all of the games, clearly looking for a certain game in particular.

When he finally finds a game, he sets it up- he's done this at my house enough times that he knows exactly what channel the TV needs to be on- and brings two controllers back over to me. He hands me one of the controllers before slipping in between my legs, his back pressing up against my chest.

"So, what are we playing?" I ask.

"COD" Michael giggles.

"We're going to be on the same team, right?" I ask, knowing I'm fucked otherwise.

"Mmm-hmm" Michael nods before giggling again.

"Luke? Luke, wake up!" Ashton says, shaking me awake.

"We have to go" Calum adds quietly.

Reluctantly, I untangle my hand from Michael's and stand up. "Bye, Mikey" I choke out before Ashton & Calum each place a hand on my back and lead me out of the hospital.

"I promised Luke that we could go get some drinks if he came with us" Calum whispers to Ashton as we reach the taxi that was waiting for us. Ashton just glared at him for a moment.

"Okay, that's fine" he finally sighs, even though I don't think he really thinks it's 'fine' at all.