Chapter 10- Cleared

HAPPY READING!
***** Scarlett's POV***
"Do you miss him?"

I hesitated to respond and in turn she her voice was sharp as a whip.

"Do you miss him? "

This time I wasn't as slow. "No." I said truthfully. "How can I Miss someone I hardly knew?"

She titled her head, giving me a view of the tiny bite marks on her neck from her ex boyfriend. "He ais your mate. One cannot help but miss their mate once being in contact with them."

My eyes were cold. "He rejected me once he saw I was his mate. The brief contact that we had was when he was slapping my hand away and pushing me against the lockers. Cole Knight was supposed to be the love of my life. He was supposed to take care of me and protect me at all costs. But, he did none of that. So again I ask, how can I miss someone I Hardly knew?"

Dr.Patrilla glanced at her notes and then at the clock. She knew soon I would have to be let out and she had a very short amount of time to stop that. Frustrated she asked the question I've asked myself millions of times before.

"Do you blame him for being in here?"

By here, she meant the asylum. The institute where I've spent three years in and two birthdays uncelebrated. I will not spend my third In here, of that I was sure.

"No." I shook my head. "Cole was supposed to be mine. But he didn't want me and I don't bame him. I was this huge mess even before he rejected me. Seeing things that weren't there, and hearing things my mind made me hear. I don't blame Cole for seeing though the facade of my smiles."

"But you blame him for something. Tell me, what do you blame him for?

'She has nothing. You could do your worst and she would still have to let you go'

I stood up and I towered over her as she remained seated behind her desk. "I don't blame Cole. I don't blame anyone but myself."

I looked a the clock. "Our time is up. It was nice to talk to you one last time doctor but I have to go get ready for my release."
I was about to open the door when she stopped me. "I have not cleared you to leave Scarlett."

Impatiently I turned back around. "why? I answered all your questions!"

"Because you are not ready to be released." She said, trying but failing to hide her smirk.

The unforgiving rage I acquired after giving myself up to the spirits surfaced. "You're going to clear me."

She scoffed and leaned back in her chair. "I'm the one who's in charge Scarlett. Not you. If I say You're staying, you're staying."
'
Just kill her and be done with it. In your files your paperwork is written as cleared. She can only stop them if she call them to decline'

I took a step forward. "You will clear me."

Dr.Patrilla stood up, her face an ugly red. "Who do you think you are, to demand something. I can see through you Scarlett. No one else can but I can. You're still bloody insane. You tell me you feel no anger, you try to convince me that you're sane but I can see through all your bullshit. Look at you, your eyes red, your breathing labored. You're a killer and I'll die before I release you."

She was right. I was going to become the monster children talk about in sleep overs. I was ready to get out of here and seek vengeance for my lost childhood and for the spirits. I was not going to apologize for that. If she had a death wish, then so be it.

"Okay." I made as if to walk out but with the powers of the spirits, I was behind her in nano of a second and before she could take her next breath, I placed my hands on either side of her head and twisted, snapping her head.