CHAPTER 2- Rejected

Dedicated to this awesome reader who's lovely comment encouraged me to continue writing. Thanks!!! :) ******************

{{{ CHAPTER 2 }}}

******************

I stood there. Frozen, not knowing what to do or say as he muttered angrily and fisted his hands. I didn't know what was going on and I just wanted him to stop and look at me, tell me what he was thinking.

He met my eyes and I physically flinched from his glare. He took a step towards me but I took a step back, making him stop. I don't know why I stepped back but I suddenly wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Scarlett," he said my name and I bit my lip to keep from moaning as his deep voice caused my knees to shake.

"Scarlett." He repeated, looking at me with an annoyed expression. His full pink lips pressed in a hard line and his eyes narrowed to green slits. He began walking towards me and I forced myself to stay still, not moving backwards or moving forwards to wrap myself around him. My entire body tingled as he stood in front of me, about a feet away.

I was never this close to him before and I could suddenly make out the way her green eyes seemed to have splashes of brown. I was able to make out the straight definition of his nose and the fact that he had a visible dimple on his left cheek.

He looked at my face and grimaced and I felt to need to cover my face with my hands. God, I've never felt so self conscious like I did right at this moment. But I pushed the need down and smiled at him.

"Cole." I whispered and made a grab at his hand but he growled and jumped away before I could even touch it. My wolf and I were hurt and she quietly whined at the need to touch our mate. My lips quivered as he looked at my hands disgustingly.

"Don't. Touch. Me," he gritted out and I looked at him confusingly.

"But I'm your mate." I said and reached for his hand again. He slapped it away and I quickly retreated it and clutched it to my chest as it started to throb. I looked at him in disbelief as he wiped his hands on his jeans. Was I that disgusting that he couldn't even bare to touch me. Does he think I have a disease or something?

"You are not my mate." He said in a low voice and smirked darkly at me.

"But I -" I began but he roughly grabbed my shoulders and slammed me against my locker. My head connected to the metal and bounced back, it too began to hurt a little. The voices had been quite as they watched our exchange but after he touched me they began whispering.

'He doesn't want you, you are nothing to him, get out while you can' they warned and I tried my best to ignore them, not accepting the fact that this was actually happening. But it was happening and I have never been so damn confused and hurt in my entire life.

"Don't say it," he all but growled. "I am not and never will be your mate." I started shaking as the realization hit me. He was rejecting me. I mentally slapped myself because he couldn't be rejecting me, I was his mate, I had part of his soul and he had a part of mine. Our destinies were to be entwined and we were supposed to love each other. A love so great that it surpassed other species love, even humans.

"What are you saying?" I shakily asked and stayed in place as he leaned so close to me that I could feel his hot breath fan across my neck, sending my nerves haywire. His grip on my shoulders were rough, almost supporting my weight.

"I'm saying that I, Cole Knight-"

My wolf began howling in desperation, trying to brake free and stop him from doing what we knew would brake us. The voices were going in a frenzy, screaming and and yelling in rage.