Chapter 8 - Unhinged

Not edited, at all! So please excuse every grammatical error.

{{{{{{Chapter 8 - Unhinged}}}}}}}

Scarlett's POV

I stared at the shadow covered ceiling, where the corners bled every so often with a daunting hush of whispers. Resting my fingers on my belly and remaining quiet was the Only thing to do in a place like this. In a room so bear and so dark that listening to the bitter confessions of invisible people was the only way out of a of a place so dark, so violent, and so sad. My mind was a place I didn't even want to be in. Not now, not anytime.

'He thought I couldn't hear him' a spirit whispered.

An imagine of a balding man with a bear belly flashed before my eyes and I breathed heavily. For once wishing I was oblivious to what was coming next but I knew what was coming and I guess that's better. But being prepared for tragedy is a pathetic habit.

'But I could. I could hear as he told her...' The spirit paused, seemingly stopping to get her emotions in check. 'She was everything he could have ever possibly wanted in a daughter.'

As if a tv were placed on the ceiling and a horror movie was featuring, I watched in silence as the spirit showed me her husband sneaking into their oldest daughter's room. They had four daughters, no sons, and a dog. She hadn't been aware she had married a previously charged pedophile.

Her mate was a pedophile who lusted after girls with little knowledge of what an older man was not supposed to do to little girls like them. He liked them unsuspecting, and young. Very young. It's amazing how one could marry someone else without knowing who they truly are.

I could say I was sad and upset for the little girl who lost her mother in a crash the night she found out what perverted sickness her mate carried. Leaving her clueless daughters in the hands of that sick fuck. But I was exhausted more than anything. By the time that horror finished another began and another after that.

I was lost in hell and I couldn't get out, not unless they let me.

An hour later I was boiling with rage as I paced my small dark room and pulled at my hair as tears ran down my face. But as the rage seemed to build higher and higher, I didn't bother wiping them away. I couldn't! I couldn't fucking stop crying! My body shook and I just want to stop but this pain was terrifyingly real and I began to sob so loud my throat muscles clashed together and there was this noise coming out of me that scared my very being. But letting it out, letting this pain out reminded me I was still here, in this place, alone. And that was a soul crushing realization.

Somehow I began to go numb during the months in here and I had begun to go through the motions of existing.

"Shut up!" Came a male shout outside my door followed by a bang. But I didn't stop, I cried impossibly louder and my hands had a mind of their own, repeatedly hitting my head and roughly pulling at my hair. The pain made the noises in my head dim a little so I continued and just when the voices seemed to stop all together, the spirits seem to register the pain as some sick game and they suddenly start to scream. My ears ring and I scream because I just want them to stop!

"Hey, don't make me open this door. Shut the fuck up!" I don't hear the security warn because at the very moment I think my ears are bleeding.

'Will you do it? We can stop, just say it. Say it and we'll stop. We promise' their words seem to register in the sense that this may very well be the only way to make everything stop.

I smack my hands over my ears and warm liquid rushes through my fingers. I pull them away but the darkness forbids me from seeing the evidence of my pain. I can smell it though, my blood on my fingertips. My hesitation for a response angers them and I'm rewarded with the loudest noise of a million screams. I fell to my side, curled in on myself as I let out a silent scream because silence is the only thing left to do and the only thing I can do.

Silence. That's all I want. Then the shrill screams started to disappear but not completely. I know they will for always be a in the depths of my own screams. The screams stops.

'Will you? Will you? Will you finally stop being so pathetic and do what you were destined to do?!'

I hesitated again because I couldn't think clearly, lying on the padded floors and panting with the aid of tired lungs. They began again. This time their cries and screams pushed down on me so much that my head felt like it might explode. I got on my knees and held my head in a futile attempt to keep my head from exploding from the extreme overload of senses. From the smell of cigaret that the man outside held to the painful sparks that enlightened my every nerve to the pressure and noise that seemed like it would permanently take residency in my head.

"I don't know. I don't know, I don't know!" I gasp out desperately, and the pain grows to incredibly horrific proportions I start to bang my head against the walls but the pads deny me of achieving silence. Just as I hopelessly try tearing through the padded walls, a light flashes on and streaks through the small slot of the door. My eyes are blinded and I instantly cower in the corner, drawing my knees to my chest, whimpering and shivering like crazy.

"Either you shut up or I will go in there, put my load in that goddam mouth of yours and put it to good use!" He shouted, banging on the door once more.

His words frightened me so much I went still and bit down on my tongue so hard I was able to taste my blood a second later. But as I crouched down in the corner, my arms wrapped around my waist, the only sound Is that of the soft whimpers slipping from my lips but that's enough for the man outside. He clicks his tongue and the light is turned off.

"Oh, so now you shut up. Now just stay like that until my shift is over and I won't have to show you what a real man looks like under his clothes." He waits. I'm not sure of he's waiting for a replay but at this point I don't dare make a sound.

"Or maybe I'll do you the favor. I'm sure it's awfully lonely in there. Care for some company?" He let's out a chuckle. "I'll make it worth you while darlin."

I close my eyes, wondering when the hell he'll decide to leave me alone. There's a sound down the hall and I hear the man shift outside.

"What?" He said, speaking to whoever joined him outside. After a few minuets of him arguing with whoever was with him, he shut the slot and walked away, laughing.

I stood, my arms still firmly wrapped around myself and my body shaking. I'm so exhausted by this point I'm not relived I've finally been left alone. I don't feel anything but exhaustion.

I crawl into bed and huddle to the furthest corner, drawing my knees up to my chest and letting my face fall between my knees.

'Goodnight sweetie pie, don't let the bed bugs bite'

I try to ignore them and it's easy to do. My tears slip through my sweats and onto my knees. That's how I fall asleep; crying and shaking in the corner. It's not a peaceful sleep, I haven't had one of those since I was ten and it sure as hell isn't a dreamless sleep. They liked to torture me with images of my family, of what could have been then they liked to tear that away and leave things that made me feel...tired. Tired of everything.

I'm already asleep when they decide that tonight Is a sleepless night for me.

'We'll see you in the morning'

Just like that my eyes snap open and I'm awake.

====================================================

A/N sorry for the late update, I've just been extremely preoccupied with teenager stuff like school, driving and I moved houses so I was pretty much out of it for a while but summer is here and I finally have time so updates will be faster. Yes, this chapter is short and there is a reason for that. I just felt I needed to warn you. This chapter was supposed to be longer, I wrote it that way. But then I came to the realization I needed to give you guys a heads up that what comes next was difficult for me to create and write and will probably be hard to read (Totally up for interpretations) anyways, if I can get votes for this chap that will be Great!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chap and please give it a vote, comment and if you would follow me than I'd really appreciate it!