Chapter Fourteen

There's some violent things coming in the next chapters so if you don't like that, maybe you should stop reading. Just warning you. :)

In complete silence, everyone just stared at them. If these servants were on Merlin's older brother's side, they could just scream and knights would come and arrest Merlin and Milo. Before he had time to decide what to do, one servant who was nearest to him, dropped to the ground for a deep bow. After that, the rest of the servants followed and bowed. Apparently, they weren't on King Keane's side.

Milo looked at Merlin with a warm smile. "I told them, you were here."

Merlin was speechless. After years, he still had someone's respect.

While the servants were still bowing, Milo put his left ear onto the door. His eyebrows were drawn together. Before Merlin had time to question his behaviour, his manservant quickly showed him behind some old table. On the table were a few buckets which were full of water for the laundering. Between them, the prince saw how the door was kicked open by at least five knights.

It caused chaos because they were also yelling frantically. Luckily all servants had jumped to stand so they could move out of the way of the knights, who were storming into the tiny room. Merlin noticed how most of the servants came to stand in front of the table, trying to cover him from the knights' eyes.

Taking a closer look at the knights, Merlin recognised the leader of them who was yelling for the others. It was the same knight who had seen him in the forest. The king-sized man with a long brown beard.

At that moment, Merlin already knew they would find him. The room was small and his hiding spot was terrible. The man with giant height, wouldn't stop looking before Merlin was found so he would turn even tiniest rocks to discover where he was. Or Keane would punish him.

Earlier in the forest, the giant had been the one who told his knights to back up from the fight, after he had seen Merlin. Maybe the man had been so surprised that he didn't know what else to do or he knew how powerful Merlin could be. Maybe it had been the reason they backed away.

Now it didn't matter. Merlin's magic was still blocked away by the shackles. Certainly, Keane had told everyone, how powerless Merlin was now.

Merlin lifted his gaze to the king-sized man's eyes. Those grey hollows full of fury, also locked to Merlin's eyes and within a second they expanded before the man roared: "THERE!"

All the knights turned to Merlin, before over half of them lunged towards him, violently pushing servants out of the way.

The next thing he knew, was that two of the knights fiercely grabbed his arms and one was pulling his hair while they tried to force him on his knees in front of the giant.

Behind the knights, Merlin saw how Milo and the other servants were pointed with swords.

Silence crept into the room when everyone waited for the giant to do something. He just stared with a smug smile at Merlin, who was on his knees in front of him. The knights hadn't let go of Merlin. On the contrary, more hands had taken hold of him to keep him in his place.

Still smiling, the giant raised his fist to swing it towards Merlin but his arm stopped in the middle of the movement. Clearly because of magic.

"What?" He questioned. He looked at Merlin's shackles. When he saw that they were still on his hands, he glanced at the servants who fearfully looked at him.

"Who the hell was it?" He asked with a low, rough voice. None of the servants said a word. "I'm going to kill you one by one till someone confesses," he threatened and Merlin didn't doubt it.

To make sure everyone understood his seriousness, he took a step forward and grabbed a young woman from her hair, making her scream in pain. Before he hit her, a loud voice stopped him: "It was me! It was me..."

Merlin's heart skipped a beat when Milo was shoved forward. He fell onto the ground beside Merlin. The giant lifted him up, coming in front of Merlin again.

"Now, why would you help this piece of shit here," he said motioning to Merlin. Milo glanced at Merlin who nervously looked back.

"Are you friends?" He asked with a mischievous smile.

"No. Why would I be friends with a servant?" The prince said trying to sound convincing. Maybe he could still save Milo and the others from beating. Unfortunately, the giant's evil smile didn't fade away. Which meant he had heard how Merlin treated servants.

"Oh, sure," the giant said before nodding at the knights who held Merlin.

Immediately, one of them rocketed fist to his stomach, making him bend. His head was lifted by pulling his hair so another punch game to the side of his head.

"Stop! Please stop!" Milo pleaded, struggling against the giant. His eyes flashed with gold, stopping the beating.

Merlin breathed through his mouth, his eyes closed. He knew the throbbing pain in his stomach was just the beginning.

"If you use one more time magic, I swear I'll make sure he suffers ten times more," the giant growled. Now when he nodded and Merlin received more punches, Milo just watched with sad eyes.

"Let's take them to the king!"