Chapter Eight

"What happened?" Leon asked. Merlin's heart was beating fast. If someone had seen how the man had recognised him, he couldn't explain it. But no one was looking at him with questioning gaze or asking about it so apparently Merlin's secret was still safe.

"They just decided to leave even though we were outnumbered," Arthur pointed out while looking around. "And it looked like a planned attack because they didn't look like bandits."

"They were the knights who betrayed our king," Lance told making eye contact with Merlin.

"How they knew where we were?" Elyan asked with clenched teeth. Merlin realised that he should be helping Elyan so he rushed to his side and started to examine the wound which was on his shoulder.

"Maybe they found us with coincidence," Gwaine suggested.

"Too unlikely," Leon said.

"It doesn't matter now. We need to keep going immediately when we are ready," Arthur said and walked to check on Elyan. Others left to get their horses which had gone eating a little further.

Merlin finished Elyan's bandages and asked if Arthur was hurt. The king just showed a cut in his arm and Merlin started to tend it in silence. They didn't say anything until Elyan had got up and left towards the other knights.

"Are you hurt?" Arthur asked quietly looking directly at Merlin's eyes making butterflies fly in his stomach.

"No. I'm fine," he replied with a fake smile. Actually, he was getting worried about the fact that the attacker was most likely going to tell his brother. After that none of them would be safe and he had just gotten his friends back so he wasn't ready to lose them again.

Before Arthur had time to say something, the knights came back so Merlin began to examine them too.

__________

Arthur was sitting beside the campfire while thinking about the attack. It had been suspicious that the attackers had left so quickly. And also it had looked like a planned attack. After the attack, they had ridden for awhile making sure no one could follow them and set up a camp where they were going to spend the night.

Arthur's eyes wondered on Merlin who was helping Elyan to go to sleep. Merlin had put a bandage to everyone's injuries but luckily no one didn't need serious medical care. When Elyan was in a prone position and he had convinced Merlin he was alright, the raven-haired boy came to sit near the fire. He looked a little anxious about something.

"Don't think too much Merlin, you'll hurt yourself," Arthur said making a smile spread on Merlin's face. Merlin's smile made Arthur smile too.

"Clot pole," was Merlin's quiet response before the knights came to sit with them. They were talking about old missions. At the same time, Gwaine was telling the story about the time they were on fisher king's landing, Arthur noticed how one of the Airasan knights motioned Merlin to step aside. They started to walk away from the camp. 'Where were they going?' Arthur felt slightly jealous but before Arthur had time to ask, Merlin turned around and said:

"We go get some water" and with that, they left after taking few bottles.

__________

Raven haired boy walked slowly beside Lancelot. Lance was still Merlin's best friend of the knights of Airasan. All of them treated him with respect and maybe protectiveness even though he had said many times he didn't need that. The two knights Merlin hadn't known before had turned out to be awesome people. It almost felt like they had known for a longer time.

"So, what happened in the attack?" Lance said opening the conversation.

"One of them recognised me," Merlin stated quietly.

"What," Lance said with a shocked face. "Then your brother is going to find out." He started to look around nervously like someone was going to attack right away.

"I'm not gonna let them get you, sire," he convinced. Merlin flinched for the title and shot a glare to Lancelot.

"I know. We are gonna still win the kingdom back," Merlin said.

__________

A man like giant walked inside the throne room. The king of Airasan was sitting on the throne. He probably was ready to hear the news of king Arthur's death. That wasn't going to happen because there had been bends along the way. The man walked in front of the king and bowed.

"Well, is the king of Camelot dead?" The king asked.

"No, my lord," the knight said and rose. The king stood up looking angrily to the man in front of him.

"What?!"

"There were some troubles. The prince Merlin Emrious of Airasan was there," the knight said. The king just looked at him with enraged and nervousness. This was indeed a problem.

"Send a message to the knight and tell him I want Merlin dead before tomorrow's sunset," Keane said trying to be calm.

__________

Hellooo again!!! I'm thankful for all the votes and comments! I wouldn't be writing this without them! So thank you!!

I try to update soon!!