twenty five

TARAYA'S POV:

I paced through the desolate woods urgently, struggling to breathe. I was almost sure that I was to face certain death anytime soon. It was all over. They had unravelled everything and had wasted no time in attempting to hunt me down. Dre and the rest chose to protect me from the horrors that lurked around, so I was the only melting point that could ever emotionally affect them; the fragile outcast from the leaden and terrifying boarding school nearby. No wonder I was first on the list!

Oh well, this is infinitely better than getting physically and verbally abused at school. I optimistically thought to myself.

On second thoughts, the same would probably happen here, only approximately intensified by a thousand times as they weren't just snobbish school kids who had nothing better to do. They were deadly members of a terrifying network of criminals, most of who had committed crimes too gruesome to speak of.

Basically, I was screwed. Full stop.

A dilapidated house loomed in front of me. You couldn't even call it a house; it was just five pieces of wood carelessly assembled together, destroyed by old age and rejection. Even so, it appeared as a safe haven in my eyes.

I made the idiotic choice to look behind me. They weren't anywhere to be seen, but I was sure they would catch up soon. Better not take any chances.

My brain not functioning effectively, I rushed into the sanctuary. It unfortunately did not smell any better than it looked and soon, the pungent odour began choking me.

My dread only increased as a coarse hand grabbed my neck from behind. Instinctively, I cried out and tried to fight, but to no avail. He was far too strong, even with my experience in boxing.
Swirling me around, J.J smiled menacingly.

"She walked right into the trap itself. I shouldn't have wasted my time on summoning the rest of the boys," he mocked cruelly.

"Please, let me go." I begged in a feeble manner, the lack of oxygen severely affecting me.

A phone rang as I said that, so he focused his attention on answering it. 

I knew who it was, just by the way J.J grinned like a chesire cat that had been  possessed by a demon.

For the first time ever, Dre sounded panicked and urgent.

"Let her go!" He growled.

"No can do!" J.J smirked gleefully.

"SHE'S NOT EVEN INVOLVED IN ANY OF OUR SHIT! If you want, take me or one of the others. Not her; she's never done anything!"

"Well hopefully this will be your lesson for getting innocent people involved. YOU!", he barked at me, "Any last words?"

Swallowing back the heavy sobs that were threatening to break out, I whispered bravely,  "Th-thank y-you Dre for everything you've all done for me. You w-were a second family t-to me."

I could tell that by this point, Dre was crying, judging from the voluminous shrieks resonating from the reviever. Immediately, he composed himself.

"Listen Taraya," Dre said firmly as if he wanted to believe the words himself, "You will get out of there alive. We will come for you. I swea-"

Getting bored, J.J slammed down the phone.

"Now, how would you like to experience endless torture that will make you beg for death? Welcome to hell..."

I woke up shrieking and screaming balistically, trying to chase those horrible memories away.