thirteen

NEYMAR'S POV:

I couldn't believe that I had made a romantic gesture towards a mysterious girl who was my best friend's sister! And to top it off, she thought that I was still together with Bruna. I totally ruined my reputation, acting like a manwhore.

Her lips felt so warm and naturally plump under my finger. Something had possessed me, and I just couldn't help but but lightly stroke the soft skin.

My face flushing crimson, I stood up shakily.

"It's getting quite dark out here. Do you think we should leave?" I asked.

"I think so," Tara replied, "Where are the rest of the boys?"

"Let's go and find them," I suggested.

After finding Niall and Harry deep in conversation under a strikingly magnificent palm tree, we left the beach and arrived home an hour later.

We were all tired from the plane journey and decided to go to sleep early.

Who was I kidding?! I have never had a proper night of sleep since the World Cup.

TARAYA'S POV:

Neymar's odd behaviour was justified later when I checked my messages. It wasn't like he would willingly touch me!

The text I read shocked me. He had broken up with Bruna.

Me: You poor thing. I promise I won't tell anyone. How are you taking the separation?

Almost immediately, I got a reply back. He clearly had problems with falling asleep too.

N: Admittedly, it feels relieving. I don't have someone down my throat all the time.

Me: That's what she said ;)

N: You get what I mean. I meant it in the metaphorical sense that nobody is shouting at me anymore.

Me: Somebody's improving on their English!

N: I truly do hope so.

Me: So have you told your family?

N: God no! They'd probably ring me up and ask for all the details.

Me: What about Rafaella? She's very liberal and doesn't ask too many questions.

N: I've sent her a text message, but I don't know if she's seen it yet. How do you know what Rafa is like?

Shit! I was busted.

Me: I have this weird talent where I can look at a photo of someone and guess their personality, even if I've never met them before.

Not a very convincing explanation, but it would do.

N: So I'm talking to a psychic? That's awesome!

Me: I don't have supernatural powers, idiot. I'm just guessing.

On and on we texted for hours throughout the night. He was the one person who could calm me down and eventually, I fell into a dreamless slumber.

----------------------------------

At precicely three o'clock in the afternoon, 3/5 of One Direction walked through the airport doors. There was no time for a happy reunion now. One step out of line, then we're screwed.

Heads bowed and adorned with hats & accessories, we silently pushed through the crowd of people. Niall and I were claustrophobic, so it was starting to become a little overwhelming. But next to each of us, a boy stood protectively.