Chapter 5

"Gwaine! What the hell are you doing here?" He covered his crotch with his hands and was getting out to grab his clothes.

"Whoa! No need to get out, Arthur. We're both men." Gwaine was smiling wildly and undressing fully before jumping into the cool, deep water.

"Yeah, that's exactly why." Arthur wrenched his underwear up his legs.

"You'd have no trouble being naked with Merlin." Gwaine antagonized Arthur.

"And where did you get that idea?" Arthur slid his tunic over his head, the garment sticking to his skin.

"Last night. When you kissed him."

"Never speak of that." He pointed a finger at the man, looking rather smug in the stream.

"Yes, sire." He said sarcastically.

"Shut up, Gwaine." He walked back up to the camp, trousers soaked, tunic sticking to his shoulders, hair tangled and damp, while Gwaine dived under the water.

"Arthur, would you help-" Merlin was struggling to button the pack that held the canvas to the tent.

"No, Merlin." Arthur said in monotone, and Merlin grunted, shoving the fabric into the pack. Arthur lied down where the sun shone through the trees, trying to dry off. Merlin whispered a spell, and his eyes glowed. The tent was packed away neatly, so he set it down.

"Arthur."

"Hmm?" Arthur didn't move.

"Why are you all wet?" Merlin questioned.

"I highly doubt that it's any of your business." Arthur settled down further into the packed dirt.

"Oh I believe it is." Gwaine hiked up to Merlin, taking the half stuffed bag from his hands.

"What did you say?"

"I told him that he wouldn't mind being naked around you rather than me." Gwaine walked over to Arthur and dropped the bag of blankets on his head. Arthur then got up as fast as he could and shoved dirt in Gwaine's face.

"Hey! I just cleaned that!" Gwaine spit out dirt and Arthur brushed all of the leaves off his back.

"We have to leave now if we want to make it back to Ealdor before nightfall!" Lancelot yelled from the trees.

"I'll ready the horses" Arthur responded, obviously wanting to get away from everyone.

"Uh...Merlin!" Arthur shouted at Merlin's direction.

"What, Arthur?"

"Why are there only three horses?"

"What?"

"You heard me." Merlin ran over to the horses tied to the trees.

"Someone didn't tie up their horse. Oh, we have my horse, and look at that! Lancelot's and Gwaine's too! What a surprise: who's horse is missing? Merlin, you didn't tie up your horse."

"I know I did!"

"You'll have to share with me then." Arthur smiled as he put the bags on his horse.

"No, I can't."

"I believe you will, Merlin. Unless you want to walk back."

"He could share with me." Lancelot untied his horse.

"No, it's perfectly alright! You need your horse!" Arthur assured Lance.

"Okay, we better head back. Ya!" Lancelot nudged the sides of his horse and galloped south to Ealdor. Gwaine followed on his dark brown horse, damp hair flowing behind him.