Chapter 2

Arthur was talking in the throne room for over an hour; Merlin cleaned his boots, organized his room, laundered his clothes. He thought that maybe if he started the bath now he could leave before Arthur came back. He got out the big, wooden tub from the closet. He filled it up with cold water.

"Ich be elden." He used magic to heat up the water until it was close to boiling. He dipped his finger in to feel it.

"It's fine." He assured himself. He put on his jacket and was about to leave when the door creaked open.

"Ah, I see you've run a bath. Thank you." Arthur smiled.

"Why the hell are you all sweaty?" Merlin asked, wondering.

"Well, Merlin. I had to fight, like I normally do. I've saved your ass more times than you can count." Merlin nodded his head, not wanting to start an argument now.

"Uh, I'll be off then-"

"No, Merlin. You'll stay." Arthur told him smugly. Merlin tried his best not to look surprised when Arthur began undressing. He was doing all he could not to go over there and undress him himself. Arthur made sure to take each article of clothing off as slow as he could. Merlin bit his lip and looked away.

"Merlin." Arthur called out, his voice deeper than normal. Merlin cleared his throat.

"Arthur."

"My belt is on too tight. I need some help." Merlin furrowed his brow, then spoke.

"Have you tried opening the buckle?" He asked sarcastically.

"Yes, Merlin. I think you need to do your job."

Merlin got up from sitting on the table, and walked over to Arthur, standing shirtless by the bath. Merlin reached from behind, undoing the belt buckle. He didn't want to risk standing where he could potentially kiss him. He pulled it out within the belt loops and set it back on the table.

"Merlin, I believe my button is stuck." He said, Merlin not seeing his wide smile.

"Now you're just making this up." Merlin stood up, raising his voice at Arthur.

"Merlin, I cannot take off my trousers." Arthur said, showing him that he couldn't unbutton the damn trousers. Merlin sighed, unbuttoning the first button on his pants.

"How did you button it up if you can't do it now?"

"I don't know, Merlin! Just take them off!"

"I thought that job was reserved for the queen." Merlin joked, trying to ignore the increasing tightness in his own trousers, let alone Arthur's. He realized that the second button was pretty hard to get off.

"There you go, sire." Merlin stepped back.

"Aren't you going to take them off?"

"Your pants."

"Yes, dollop-head!"

"You can do one thing for yourself, and I'm pretty sure you can pull down your trousers."

"Merlin!"

"Yes. Fine." Merlin tried to make it as quick as possible. He grabbed the pants on his hips and pushed them down past his knees.

"There."

"Would you actually finish what you start for once?" Merlin sighed, then pulled them down to his ankles, not looking up. He stood up and walked back to the table. He stared at the floor while Arthur pulled down his underwear and stepped into the bath.

"Is that all, sire?"

"I'd like the company." Arthur said, voice still low and somewhat hoarse. "But yes, you may go."

Merlin got out of there as fast as he could, running straight home to his room. He paced from wall to wall for half an hour, practically ripping out his hair. He heard the door open, so he went down to see who is was. Ugh, it was Arthur.

"Come on, Melin. Pack your bag and ready the horses. We're going to Ealdor." Arthur told Merlin, hair still damp. Merlin nodded, and Arthur smiled, closing the door. That clot-pole was looking forward to this trip. He got his leather bag off of its hook and put in the necessities: clothes, his magic book, some other things. He wrote a note to Gaius and left it on the table where he would see it. He took his time preparing the horses, then went up to Arthur's chambers.

"Arthur." He called out, knocking on the door frame. Arthur was packing a bag and looking rather...excited.

"Merlin, go get Lancelot and Gwaine. They're coming."

"What about Leon and Elyan and Percival?"

"They're going on a hunting trip tomorrow. It's just us four."

Oh. Great. Just sexual tension between everybody.

"Yes, sire." Merlin answered, bowing. He closed the door and ran to the armor room, where Gwaine and Lancelot were sure to be. And they were, kissing. He knocked on the door.

"Merlin?" He heard Gwaine ask.

"Yeah, uh, did you lock the door?"

"Yes, hold on." Lancelot said, and Merlin heard the lock click. Lancelot opened up the door and smiled, and Merlin fought back a laugh. His and Gwaine's cheeks were bright red.

"What do you need, Merlin?" Gwaine rubbed the back of his hand over his lips.

"Arthur has suggested you two come to Ealdor with us. We ride soon."

"Yes, of course. We will be at the horses at once." Lancelot assured him, looking at Gwaine.

"Of course." Gwaine winked.