35

"Sir, this license is expired" 

  "What?!" 
"The expiry date says 31st of December, 2018" The cop emphasised the '18' obviously making it clear to JiHyun, as if dummying it down for him. 
"I renewed my drivers license in 2017. It should say 2020" JiHyun exasperated, you behind him with your mouth agape, ready to crush this caramel macchiato with your single hand. 

  The cop subtly rolled his eyes, then gestured toward his car, "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to come with me" 
"W-what?!" You and JiHyun astounded in-sync.  
"Your license is expired, and you're still driving. I'm sure you know the consequences of this. Now, I'm going to ask again; please get in the car." He enunciated slower this time, a clear indication that he was not up for any argument. 

  "Wait, wait" JiHyun took step toward the cop, who immediately swiped his hand into his side pocket, about to pull out god knows what, "Ok, ok sorry" JiHyun chuckled unevenly, taking a step back in terror, not wanting to get unnecessarily hurt today. "Can I just see my license. I'm sure its not expired, there must be sort of mistake. I renewed it in 2017, maybe you read the numbers wrong" JiHyun stated, not thinking twice if that sentence would in any way offend the cop. 
The cops mouth opened, "I-I may be old but I can still make out numbers" His voice squeaked unintentionally, to which he cleared his throat quickly.
You slammed your face into your hand, being mentally tormented by JiHyun. 

  "Not when theres a stain on it." JiHyun muttered in realisation - more so to himself - confusing both you and the cop, and when JiHyun swiped his thumb across the card the cop was no longer protecting, he suddenly jumped up in excitement, pumping his fist in victory. 
You stepped forward, seeing what triggered this odd response in JiHyun and saw that the 18 in 2018 suddenly turned into a 20.

  "What the hell?" You murmured, and glanced up to see the cop staring down at the card as if JiHyun just performed an unexplainable magic trick.
"I'm guessing that was probably chocolate from a chocolate ice cream I had some time ago and was stopped by a different cop. Oh, but it wasn't for speeding" JiHyun hastily added onto the end, not wanting to put himself in more trouble than he already was right now. 
The cop, still in disbelief finally spoke up, "I- o-ok then. S-so your license is not expired. Let me just run this over real quick. Apologies, sir" He took a moment to look at JiHyun as if he couldn't fathom what problems he had caused for him, like he was one of a kind. 
"We should be the ones apologising to you" You sympathised.
"Y/n!" JiHyun hissed, nudging you as he wanted to gain the additional pride due to this cops honest mistake. 
The cop cleared his throat, a hesitant smile emerging, "Mh, thank you" before he turned and walked back to his car. 

  It was moments later that the cop had validated the license, and he came back, "Ok, you can be let off this time. But I'm giving you a warning, don't do this again, otherwise you will get a ticket" 
"Thank you, officer" JiHyun bowed his head in respect, and you glared at his actions disbelievingly. 
"You may go" 

  Finally, after much misunderstanding and struggle, your predicament was solved, and you two got into the car, JiHyun being wary of his driving speed this time. 

  "You really are such a hassle JiHyun" You sighed, placing the slightly cooled caramel macchiato into the convenient cup holder. 
"Unfortunately" He shrugged. 

-

  "Thank you, JiHyun, for getting me here. It wasn't fast, but at least we made it" You chuckled, and as did he. 
"Hey, no problem. And again, I'm sorry."
"It's alright, honestly" 
"Good, now you go in there and talk to your fiancé" He commanded like a strict, yet underlying light-hearted father.
"I will, thank you." You gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek to show your gratitude, and you chuckled at his reddening cheeks before getting out of the car and shutting the door.

  Taking a deep breath, you started to make your way to the hotel, speed-walking through the entrance by the familiar doorman who you spotted giving you a kind smile as you passed.
Now, through the canteen that was fairly isolated that the chefs and waiters were cleaning countertops and clearing tables, to the beloved elevator which was luckily empty since it was quite late into the evening.
You spammed the button a few times, and it seemed to have worked because in a matter of 2 seconds the green light blinked, and the doors opened for you.
Stepping inside, you pressed your floor number, and the doors came together before anybody else could join you - a little victory for you. 
However, the elevator seemed to go tormentingly slow, sliding up gently against gravity's force. 
The numbered buttons lit up at a steady pace, being the only sound in the solitary elevator aside from your heavy breathing until you reached your damned high floor. 

  As soon as the doors slid open just enough for you to fit, you slipped through, impatiently turning sideways, and jogged down the hall to your room, at the end of the corridor, past the sitting area with the comfy chair and interesting paintings you remember admiring with Jimin. The striped carpet in front of you below became a hazy illusion with how fast you were going.   
But nothing was on your mind except the flicker of hope that Jimin was still in the hotel room for you. 

  You fumbled inside your purse for your keycard a moment before you reached your door number so you were able to slam it against the scanner and be validated to enter.
The light changed from red to green, and you wasted no time in opening the door.

  The hotel room was stand still.
It was dark.
The only light being the moon and street lamps illuminating from outside the large window.
It wasn't silent, however. Nor was it empty.

  Jimin's back faced the door, staring out the window with his phone to his ear "please come to the hotel room, I'm so, so sorry.." He sighed.

  "I'm sorry too"
Jimin, in hearing the voice he could recognise without hesitation turned around immediately to see the person he hoped his mind hadn't tricked him to; a warm, sweet smile was plastered on your face, "Hey.." 

  He exhaled a relieved chuckle, "Y/n.." You both ran up to each other to embrace in a long-awaited hug.
The room was silent for the minute of treasuring this feeling, and for the first time in so long, the aura between you two was no longer hate - it was love.

  "I'm so so sorry," Jimin spoke up, "This fight has been so stupid. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have made you work somewhere you never wanted to in the first place, I shouldn't have shouted at you or gotten drunk that day-" 
"Hey, hey it's okay" You interrupted, not wanting him to take the absolute blame for something you felt was your fault, "You don't need to apologise for anything. I'm sorry for not working up to your expectations and shouting back and insulting you, and then ignoring you when you were trying to make things right-"
"But that's the thing, I should've helped you at work." He pulled back, though his hands were still at your waist, holding you close to him.
"You shouldn't have to waste your time on me" You shook your head slowly. 
"If I'm ever with you, it's never 'wasting' my time" 
You stayed silent, and Jimin smiled comfortingly, placing his hand on your cheek.
"I'm sorry, Y/n"
"I'm sorry, Jimin" You pulled him in for another hug, to which he held onto you even tighter now. 

  There was a short period of savouring silence, relaxation taking over the both of you now that this was finally over.
"Trust me when I say," Jimin faced you, "we've found a way to fix it" 
"It's taken some time to get there.." You continued, "but we love each other too much to let go now" You couldn't help but feel flushed at you two quoting Jimin's rehearsal dinner speech with such flow. 

  "I love you, Y/n"
"I love you more" 
"I love you most" It was cheesy, but it definitely got to your heart. 
You opened your mouth to challenge him to that, but he purposefully planted his lips on yours, interrupting you. But you weren't complaining as you kissed back, the memory of the feeling of those forgotten, supple, soothing lips on yours and those arm muscles which you grasped onto for comfort.  

  Pulling away, to say you both were head over heels was an underestimate.
"Oh," You remembered, "and hey, I got you a little something" You grinned, lifting up the caramel macchiato cup that had slipped Jimin's focus and even your mind. 
"Is that what took you so long?" Jimin asked playfully with a grin. 
"Actually..it's a longg story. I went to your bachelor party to try and find you, but Mark and JiHyun told me you came back to the hotel, and had sent me a bunch of texts-" Jimin cut you off with another kiss, surprising you, but of course you responded back. 
"You're so adorable" his chuckle resonated in your ears. 
You blushed, pecking his lips once before wrapping your arms around his neck, embracing him once more in happiness. 

-

HaHa, did I get you guys there with the expired license ;)
I'm a little evil, I know. 

But this chapter, holy sweet Jesus, its so memorable. 
Thanks for reading guys, lyy.