Turnabout

Rey pressed her thumbnail into her opposite forearm, hard enough to cause a bruise. She'd make tally marks for both herself, and Ben and the Mandalorian. 

Rey found a low cave and she and Little Yoda crawled inside. "Drop the Cloak for a while and rest."

Little Yoda grinned from ear to ear. "We got one! Let's do it again."

"Soon. Let me catch my breath." 

The next K2 they encountered was not standing along the cliff's edge. It was scanning the forest on the far north side of the lake. Rey crept up behind it and disabled it with confident fingers. Since she had shoved the last one off the cliff, permanently disabling it hadn't been an issue.

"What do you think?" she asked Little Yoda.

"Fry it," he promptly replied. 

It was inelegant, but effective. Her Lightning surged into the disabled droid, fusing the wiring running from its head to its body. It might be salvageable with a lot of effort and spare parts. These Knights wouldn't bother with it. 

She created another bruise-tally on her forearm, and vacated the area before another droid passed by and noticed its burnt plastic smelling fellow. 

"We should stick to ones farther out," said Rey. "If they find these dead ones, they'll know something is up and it will make our job much harder." 

"I saw one on the other side of the lake."

Rey skirted around the lake, careful to keep away from the soft earth of the banks. Hiding heat imprints and actual footprints was two completely different things for Little Yoda. 

They had to wait for the third K2 to move out of the dense trees he was searching. There simply wasn't enough room for them to creep up behind it. When it finally did, Rey was sure she had given them away by stepping on a dry twig. The K2 snapped it's head around, scanning over and over the place where she stood frozen, afraid to breathe or blink or even think about noise. Little Yoda held on tight. 

When the K2 finally gave up and moved forward, Rey made quick work of disabling it. 

"Can I kill this one?" asked Little Yoda.

"Sure. Make it quick."

The darksaber blade extended out, and Little Yoda swiped off the creatures head. 

"How many ideas do you have for killing them?" 

"We should do it a different way each time. That way the Knights will be confused. Maybe it will scare them into leaving."

"You're a little creepy sometimes, you know?"

He giggled and retracted his blade. Rey made another tally mark, and they continued. 

They managed to "kill" 4 more K2s before dark. The last one was poking around the cave they had rested in earlier. They had decided to sleep there that night. They hadn't seen any other K2s in the area. Rey hit its kill switch, and then paused. 

"What if we tried something?" she said, talking more to herself.

"We're not killing it?"

"We might have to. Be ready. I just want to see if I can get at it's control panel."

Blessed universe, the droid had a small toolkit inside its chest panel. While Little Yoda practiced focusing light, Rey tried to untangle the mess of commands. The Knights must have been in a hurry, because the droid was not well programmed. Rey thought hard about what to do with it. 

How much longer would these Knights stay on this planet? They hadn't found Ben, and they had been steadily losing assets. They must know something was happening to their K2s. 

"Let's give them a taste of their own medicine," said Rey. Turnabout was fair play.

Little Yoda nodded. 

Rey re-programmed the droid, instructed Little Yoda to Cloak them, just in case she'd made a mistake, and reactivated it. The K2 stood, regained its bearings, and stomped off back toward the Knight's ship. 

"Can we follow it?" asked Little Yoda. 

"It's too dark. We'll go out as soon as we can see again in the morning and find out what they're doing. By then, they'll have figured out they've lost some of their fighters."

The next morning, Little Yoda woke her as soon as the first blush of pink was visible on the horizon. "Come on! Let's go see what they're doing!"

Rey groaned and sat up, knuckling her lower back. The rock she had been using as a pillow and the rock she had used as a bed left much to be desired. Poor Ben, sleeping in that soft bed aboard the Razor Crest and waking up feeling like she did. 

They heard the Knights before they saw them. They were roaring at the K2s, which Rey found very funny. As if they were human operatives. She slowly made her way nearer their camp. 

The Knights had the remaining K2s lined up, and were demanding to know the whereabouts of the others. After a heated debate, where the Knights loudly proclaimed that Kylo Ren had done this, they boarded their ship and departed, leaving a handful of soldiers behind to continue their search. 

Rey and Little Yoda watched as the ship left the atmosphere. They moved to disable the closest K2, and waited. 

Minutes later, a bright burst of light was followed by debris hurtling back down from space. 

"We just killed three men," said Rey. Though it was her people or them, it still saddened her. 

"We didn't kill them," said Little Yoda. "That droid did."

"Let's take care of the rest of these they left before your father and Ben come back. They could still do a lot of damage."

Skipping the killing step, she and Little Yoda hurriedly managed to engage the kill switch on the ones the Knights had left. They had just finished shutting down the last one, which had been distracted by the Razor Crest's reappearance. 

Ben and the Mandalorian exited with caution, weapons held high. 

"All disabled?" called Ben, lightsaber extended. 

"It's safe," called Little Yoda. "Don't worry. We did all the work."  

Rey laughed at the annoyed expression on Ben's face. Oh how far he had fallen from the mighty Kylo Ren, allowing himself to be saved by a brand new, female Jedi and a child.