• 24 •

As I opened my eyes, the sun beams hit
them directly and I had to them with my right hand.

I took a deep breath and went over yesterday's events; after the kiss with Kaname, I bid him goodnight and dreamily walked to my room in a trance. Only then, did I realize the reality of their world. If Yuki is ever turned into her true form, it would cause a rift which I didn't want.

They would get to that stage when it comes.

But now, I would try not to let it get to me and focus on my studies, since the tests were coming up and there was a competition between the Day Class and the Night Class; whichever class has the lowest scores would have to serve the other class at the ball.

I smiled smugly, it was obvious who would win though...

Getting out from my silk covers, I glided across the room with a light step and sat at my vanity set, peering into the mirror. I never really took a good look at my appearance since I was turned back into a vampire. Obviously, my already-beautiful face was enhanced, but there were small details that made me look stunning.

For example, the flecks of gold in my (Y/C/E) eyes were more noticeable and looked like the stars that shone in the night sky. My (Y/C/H) hair was longer and silkier, the ends curling just a bit. My lips were in the shape of a Cupid's bow and my skin was utterly flawless. No wonder all the boys of Cross Academy were at my feet.

I brushed my hair and styled it into (Y/H/S) and put my uniform on, preparing for another night of the class. I barely listened and still held all sorts of knowledge from the class.

Benefits of being a vampire, I suppose.

Anyway. Back to the story.

After dressing in my uniform, I made my way gracefully down the stairs where most of my fellow vampires were waiting so they could all walk to the Night Class. Kaname was leant against the banister and sent a warm smile up to me.

I smiled back and walked past him, we had decided to hide our new-found relationship from the rest of the Night Class, since word would travel fast throughout the vampire world and I didn't want the attention. However, Kaname was happy enough to show everyone that I was his now, finally.

The oak doors opened with a groan and the small troop of vampires calmly walked through towards the wall that kept the dormitories away from the Day Class.

To my surprise, there was no fan-girling screams coming from the other side. They must all be studying for the tests so they can go to the ball. I thought.

The gate opened and Kaname took his place beside me, our hands touched ever so slightly as he stood beside me.

The sound was eerily silent, I thought it weird that none of the Day Class students were here so they could have their two minutes glimpse of the Night Class students.

The vampires all walked forward and set out for their class, Zero and Yuki were standing near them.

Kaname gently took my hand without anyone noticing, his eyes were straight forward but i could see a soft smile on his face. It filled me with joy to know that Kaname was happy and content.

As we passed Zero, he didn't look too impressed as he gave both of us the side-eye. But he gave me a small smile when I caught eyes with him.

Yuki then bowed to Kaname, but was blatantly ignored as the Pureblood's walked past. Yuki openly gasped and stared at the back of Kaname's head with a sadness in her eyes. Yuki's eyes cast down to look at Kaname's and mine's interlocked hands and rage fueled within her.