Hanging out

'Hey, are you still free to hang out?'

Laurel stood there for a few minutes waiting for his reply. He usually reply quick enough, maybe he didn't want to hang out with her anymore and she couldn't blame him if he didn't. It's only fair because she always keep denying his request to any out. After a few more minutes of waiting she heard a ding.

'Yeah, sure. At big belly burger?'

She signed in relief. She realized that if she wanted this mission done professional, she would have to put her feelings for him aside or she won't get the job done. But deepn down inside she wouldn't get the job done professionally...It's Oliver.

'See you there.'

~30 minutes after~

She walked in looking around for him. After a few minutes she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Hey." He whispered softly in her ear.

"Hi." She whispered back looking over her shoulder. He was too close for her liking. She finally broke the silence to ease up the awkwardness. "Shall we get our table?"

"Yes, but after we get food right?" He looked at her with hoping eyes. God she loved those eyes. Everything about those eyes makes her feel weak.

"Well duh." She said as she smiled walking to the counter as he followed her. "The usual?" She looked at him.

"You know me the best." He smiled leaning his hand close to hers. Part of her wanted to grab it and put it around her waist but she couldn't, not yet at least.

"Got it." She looked at him with a look of needing time. He quickly pulled away while she ordered. After a few minutes they both walked to their table sitting across from each other.

"So Laurel, what's new?" He grabbed his tray of food and started eating immediately. She just watched him amused, Oliver did love big belly burger. She knew Oliver would marry big belly burger if he had a chance.

"Oh nothing." She frowned as she picked at her food.

"No new guy?" He looked at her with a straight face before cleaning his mouth with an napkin.

"Well there is this one guy who always flirts with me." They both just looked at each other for awhile before he decided to speak.

"And are you okay with him flirting with you?" He slowly said without trying to sound jealous. He honestly just trying to make sure she was comfortable.

"Yea... I mean I could handle him." she said as she dipped a fry in her milkshake leaning back.

"I have known you half my life to know you are lying to me and yourself." He said calmly stealing the fry from her and eating it.

"Maybe." She didn't say anything for serval moments as she looked at her hands. He was giving her time to get her thoughts together. "Look, I know this guy for awhile now to know he won't force anything on me. It just sometimes he can make me feel awkward and wanting to leave."

"Want me to kick his ass?" He looked at her overprotective wanting her to know that he was there for her no matter what. That what she loved about him. He was always there even when they are not together.

She couldn't help it but looked down smiling. She finally got the courage to look at him. "Yes" She quickly realized what came out of her mouth.

"Then it settled." He smiled innocently with his eyes lighting up as bright as they can get.

"No! It's not settled." She said smiling blushing. She tried to stop blushing but she couldn't.

"It's not?!" He smiled saying it sarcastic. He liked that he still gave her butterflies. "I thought it was."

"You are not gonna beat the dude up." She threw a fry at him before crossing her arms on her chest.

"Bossy one." He watched her biting his lip a little. "I like it."

"Oh I know. That's why I'm so cute as people say." She said while making a little smirk.

"I'm impressed Laurel." He smirked a little with a smile.

"And why are you impressed?" She questioned curiously.

"Because you became the woman you always wanted to be." He paused for a moment smiling. "Because you are happy than ever before."

She raised an eyebrow getting up while grabbing her purse and coat. Truth be told she was happy but she wasn't fully happy she was incomplete. He was her happy place even though he might not think it. She look at him giving him a cue it was time to leave. "So where are we going Ms. Lance?" He grabbing her coat putting it over her shoulders.

"Thank you Mr. Queen. And I was hoping you would take me home." She smiled.

"You're welcome and of course." He lead me to the door while holding it open. She walked out looking around. She felt a pulled on her arm from her purse. Someone was trying to take her purse.

"Hey! Let go!" She screamed trying to pull it back while looking straight at the person. She knew exactly who he was, Ronnie Raymond. He works as a spy too. She knew exactly what he was doing so she let him take her bag while he push her down to make it look believable. "Ollie! He has my purse!" She pouted while falling on her butt.

Oliver ran after him, she watched him while getting up making it look like she was helpless. She signed crossing her arms on her chest. Everyone around me was just watching while Oliver chased after the guy. After a few minutes Oliver got her purse walking back to her.

"Are you okay?" She looked at him making sure he wasn't hurt. If Ronnie had left a scratch on Oliver's pretty face, she would give him hell.

"I'm fine. I got your purse." He smiled slightly handing it to her.

They both walked to her apartment not saying a word. They... She had a lot to think about. How is she gonna get him to fully open up to her? Does she even want to know the truth? Will she get hurt in the process? Could she handle the truth? They eventually arrived at her apartment.

"Get some rest Laurel... For me?" Oliver said as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Of course." She looked at him while he walked away. She stood there for a few minutes knowing she might regret what she's about to do. "Ollie?" She whispered softly.

"Yes?" He turned around facing her.

"Can you stay the night... Please?" She pleaded looking at him.

"Of course." He walked over.