23

"Thanks.. brother.."- Mike said, making Richie blush. After all, Richie had family left. He never had a brother and the new feeling was leaving Richie amazed. Mike wasn't so bad. Maybe they could work with each other, as a team, like they should have worked if life wasn't so messed up and they were separated.

Richie's life was constantly changing. So much for a normal life, he thought. It seemed like everyday Richie would find out something new and had to find a way to deal with it. In Derry it was calmer. But was it really? With Eddie's crazy mother and the feeling of not having his grandmother there for him anymore? It would all come back as soon as he was back in that place but.. so would Eddie. With his soft smile, pink cheeks and caramel brown eyes that amazed Richie. And that? Made it all worth it.

Richie said goodbye to Mike and walked home. Or home for now. It was constantly changing.

El, Will and Jonathan were packing and Richie saw how hard it was for them to leave. They had their lives there, in Hawkins and their loved ones. It was unfair that Richie got to go back to Eddie and they didn't. So he decided not to bother them and read Eddie's last letter for him while in Hawkins.

"Hey asshole! It's tomorrow! Tomorrow I get to see your beautiful face and kiss you again. I kinda, really, sort of, maybe, missed kissing you. Don't let your ego swallow you, just because you're a good kisser. Thing is... your birthday is also arriving! What should we do? I swear to God Richie if you make me do disgusting stuff I will kick your ass, I couldn't give a damn if you turn 15 or not! I missed planning with you tho.. Plan my whole life next to you.. I swear I really try not to be that cheesy but admit it, you're blushing."-Richie was indeed blushing while imagining a life next to Eddie.-"I don't want to waste your last hours there, make the best of it and then come back to me. I really wanted to be in your arms right now Rich, I really did. Love your Eds..(Just this one time.)"

It was happening. He was going back to Derry. Would he be able to sleep of how excited he was? Or would he be up all night checking his clock waiting for the time to come? Truth being told, Richie fell asleep because he was really tired. It had been a stressful day. Something Richie would have to tel Eddie when he was in Derry again. He would have to tell Eddie a lot of things.

Morning came and Richie got up real quick.

"WOW! For someone who praised the sleep, you seem pretty ok with waking up early if it is to see Eddie."

"Willy-Billy, I don't see my boyfriend for a week now. I really miss MY asshole. I'd wake up and give up on my sleep for him if I had to."

"You'd give up on your sleep for him? You really love him!"- Will joked.

Mike, Max, Dustin, Lucas and Nancy came to say goodbye.

"Richie"- Max said-"I'm uh.. really going to miss you.. You changed my life for better, you know that?"- She kissed him on the cheek.

"Wow.. thanks Max!"- he smiled at her.

He watched everyone saying goodbye to their loved ones, until Mike came to him.

"Bye dipshit. Hope we'll meet again in the afterlife"- Richie fake cried.

"Richie, dude just... no"

"Mikey this is an emotional moment. Let's just laugh."

"I told him"

Richie widened his eyes.

"Him?"

Mike blushed really hard.

"I told Will."

"You told him what exactly?"

"I told him.. I'm in love with him..."- Mike said-"He.. he reciprocated.."

"FUCK YES!" I KNEW THIS BEFORE YOU ALL!"- Richie screamed-"Wait and El?"

"We.. broke up.. for the best.."- he gulped.

"It's going to be ok brother. I promise"- He joked with his thing to make promises.

Tears rolled from Will's and Eleven's eyes as they started to hit the road. And Richie felt sorry for them. So, he hugged El and told her everything would be ok. She needed it the most, now that she was alone after this.

I was a long and sad road trip. They were all still adapting to the idea that they had actually left Hawkins. And then Richie saw it. He saw the sign that said "Welcome to Derry". he passed the kissing brigde and knew he was home. They stopped the car and glanced at what would be their new home. It was huge.

"Welcome to Derry, familyy Byers! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, it's pretty quiet!"

"Bullshit"- richie mumbled.

As the police officer showed them around, Richie went looking for Eddie. He ran to the quarry knowing that was a place where Sonia wouldn't go look for him and where they had their first "date" as friends. Pretty much where it all began.

He arrived and it was really quiet. He looked around and found the little boy sitting there, looking at the sky and saw a picnic bag in front of him. It was almost night and Eddie started to freeze. He knew he should have brought a jacket with him. Now he would probably get a cold and would be grounded forever. The tiny boy looked around and saw HIM. Richie ran to Eddie and yelled:

"I MISSED YOU HOE!"- Eddie rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I should've expected that."- he said making Richie laugh and then their eyes met. Like they hadn't for so long. It had been a week but for them it felt like an eternity. Richie pulled Eddie closer to him and he leaned in, his lips meeting the tiny boy's ones softly. So soft and lovely at first but then it turned into a rough kiss, a needy one, an "I miss you" one.

They needed to feel each other in that moment. They had been tortured by staying away from each other.

When they broke the kiss, Eddie looked at Richie, bit his lip and said nervously.

"I uhm.. I love you Richie... I really do.."

Richie blushed. Eddie loved him back. Eddie wanted him like he did. And that was all Richie could care for so, he kissed Eddie again deeply and said putting their foreheads together:

"I love you too, Eds"

The two boys stayed there at the quarry eating and just enjoying each other's company. Richie had so much to tell Eddie but where to start?

"Richie I haven't heard from you in a week, would you mind going back to the old Richie who never shuts up? This one's boring."

"HEY THAT'S MY BRO RICHIE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.!- he faked an angry dramatic scene-" I just have a lot to tell you"

"Start"

"We might sleep here you know?"

"I don't mind. But you might need to hug me because I'm fucking freezing."

"You'lll catch a cold and die Eddie Bear!!"- Richie pretended to be Sonia.

"Oh shut up Richie"- Eddie laughed- "Just fucking start!"

And Richie did. They talked for hours until they fell asleep in each other's arms. Now, Richie could finally say he was home.