Chapter 9: The Bad Boy's Bet

Our car ride turned into the two of us sitting silently next to each other. The radio wasnt on, which made it even more awkward but i wasnt going to be the one to turn it on. I switched off between looking out the window and looking down at my hands, not wanting to look at Chase and make it more awkward. I could feel Chase's eyes staring me down though, as he glanced from the road to me every 2 seconds.

"You look different." he stated bluntly.

"Excuse me?" I asked him. It came out a bit angry.

"I said you look different." he repeated as he glanced over to me, keeping one hand lazily on the steering wheel.

"Um well i straightened my hair?" I told him, but it came out more as a question.

"Thats probably it..." he muttered.

"What does it look bad or something?" I asked seriously.

"No! I didnt mean it like that... its just... nevermind." Chase struggled to get the words out.

"Great," I said sarcastically. "It looks bad." I said as I brushed my fingers through it.

Chase sighed. "No it doesnt it actually looks... hot." he said bluntly.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as i nervously bit my lower lip.

"Oh," I replied awkwardly.

"Yeah you look totally hot right now. I'd bang." he said as he threw me a seductive smirk. I tried to keep my mouth from falling open in disbelief.

"Youre disgusting." I told him.

"Not joking..." he sang, and I couldnt help but laugh at the thought of what was going on in his dirty mind.

Thankfully by this time we were at my house. He pulled into the driveway and I pulled on the door handle, eager to get out.

"Thanks for a ride." I told him as I hopped out of his piece of junk car.

"Anytime baby doll. If you ever need me, Im there." he yelled to me through the rolled down window. "And im not just talking about rides." he said with a wink as he drove away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is it just me or is this whole thing weird?" I asked Kacey over the phone. It had been about an hour since Chase dropped me off and in that time I explained everything that happened to Kacey.

"Who cares if its weird?", she replied. "If Chase Shaw is interested in you, you dont ask questions." she said plainly.

I sighed over the phone. "I just dont get it though! Litterally out of no where he starts talking to me, and now he wont leave me alone."

"Why are you acting like this is bad? Chase likes you, go for it!" Kacey persisted.

"But thats the problem Kacey, i dont like him." I told her.

"But-" Kacey started. I heard yelling on the other side of the phone. "Okay mom!" Kacey yelled. "Sorry Shay, i gotta go. See ya tommorow though?"

"Yeah see ya." I replied as i hung up.

I threw my phone on my bed then fell onto it in exhaustion. This whole thing was just a mess. A confusing mess. I just dont understand. Chase Shaw can get any girl, but he choses me, the one girl who doesnt like him? and i dont like him. Really, I dont, I told myself. I mean sure he was beyond gorgeous. His black/brown hair was always messy in a sexy, effortless way, and he always wore shirts that showed off his big arms, and he had big brown eyes that if i stared into them for too long, i could get hypnotized.

But, looks were just looks. And while he may be hot, he was an ass. Not just to me, to other girls too. He uses girls all the time, then throws them away. He has hurt alot of people too, getting into fights and such. I just had to focus on those things. If I constantly thought off all the bad things about him, I wouldnt have time to think of all the good things. The good things like how he is always there when i need someone, or he compliments me, or...... Focus Shay! I told myself. I can not fall for Chase Shaw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

A/N:

Please tell me if you like this chapter or this story! If I feel like people don't like it/read it then i lose motivation and stop writing. Soo comment if you like it!! Also, what would you like to see in the future of this book? Open to suggestions(: Thanks!!