Chapter one:The Bad Boy's Bet

Chapter One:

Shay's POV:

My alarm sounded and by habit, I rolled over and smacked it to shut it up. I rolled back over and snuggled into my warm sheets before I realized, I had school today. I groaned as I unwilling slid out of bed and started my morning routine. today was the first day back to school after a perfect spring break. i just got back from Florida so my skin was even darker and my hair was lighter then when i left.

i took a shower then stared at my self in the mirror. i thought of my self as an average teenage sophmore. i had long blonde hair that fell in perfect curls down to nearly my waist. i had pale green eyes that everyone adores, but personally, i would rather have blue eyes. i was short for a 16 year old, about 5 foot 4 and i was pretty skinny, despite the fact that i never play sports. I was tiny and had a petite figure. All my guy friends would always pick me up, and i despised that. everyone constantly tells me im beautiful, but honestly, i dont see it. Guys hit on me a lot and girls shoot me jelous looks, but i dont feel as gorgeous as everyone tells me i am. i know im not ugly, but i never feel like a model. i just feel average.

i put on a few coats of mascara and a bit of foundation before greeting my family in the kitchen. my dad traveled alot and i saw him probably once a month or so, and my mom was, well, always busy. She was a lawyer and she was always working, but at least i got to see her. I had a younger brother, Caden who was 11 and unlike most siblings, we actually got along. We also had a nanny, Sylvia. She was mostly for Caden, sice mom wasnt usualy home, but it was nice to have her cook dinner every night. i climbed in my jet black dodge charger my dad got me for my 16h birthday, and headed to school.

************************************************************************

I paused in front of the big doors that said "South Carolina's Bellview Highschool." i sighed as i was about to walk in before i heard someone call my name, "Shay! Shay...!" I saw a girl with pin straight dark brown hair run towards me. "Shay!"My bestfriend Kacey yelled as she ran into me, giving me a big bear hug. She smelled like lilacs. "Kacey!" i yelled in joy, returning her hug, " i missed you! How was California?" i asked her. " Amazing." she sighed as we walked to our lockers. "and Florida?" she asked me. "Perfect." i told her,filling her in on the details as i was wishing i was on the beach now instead of walking to first period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I took my seat next to Taylor and Molly, some of my other friends in Mr. Hemmings english class. The bell rang and Mr. Hemmings was just about to shut the door as Chase Shaw bursted through the door and jumped into his seat. All eyes were on him as he panted to catch his breath. "Mr. Shaw is there a reason why-" Mr. Hemmings started but was cut off as 2 police officers bolted through the door and their eyes landed on Chase. Chase flew out of his seat and ran to the window, but not before one of the cops tackled him. The officer excourted him out of the room as the other officer pulled Mr.Hemmings out into the hall to give him an explanation.

Mean while, the whole class turned into chaos. "What did Mr. Bad boy, Chase Shaw do now?" i heard from various people around the room.

Mr.Hemmings had been talking to the officer for over 20 minutes now. Taylor turned to me. "ugh!" she groaned. "what did he do!? the suspense is killing me!" she complained. I rolled my eyes. "Honestly, who cares?" i shrugged my shoulders. Both Taylor and Molly's eyes grew wide. "Shay, i swear, you are the only girl in Bellview, no the only girl in South Carolina, that does not like Chase." Molly said to me, shaking her head, I was about to object, but i knew she was right.

" Why does everyone like him?" i questioned her. " he is a total jerk, his ego is bigger than his head, and he thinks he can get any girl at this school." i huffed. "um thats because he CAN get any girl at this school, shay." Taylor retorted. "Speak for yourself." i mumbled as Taylor stared at me with disbelief. Okay, i can see why girls find im attractive, he is almost 6 feet tall and pure muscle. He had dark, almost black hair that is always messed up on top of his head, and he has chocolate brown eyes that can make any girl fall in love with him, Well, ALMOST any girl. He was hot, but he was a jerk. Using girls like they are toys, getting into trouble to keep his 'bad boy' image, and gettig into fights for fun. He may be hot, but thats not a good enough reason to like someone. Apperently im the only one who thinks so.

************************************************************************

Weeks passed and too soon, Chase Shaw was back at school from his suspension. I guess it didnt really matter, its not like we ever talked, thankfully. But today was different. All day he was staring at me. i tried to ignore him, but i could feel his gaze on me. What was going on?! It wasnt long before rumors started, and i was glad when the bell for lunch sounded. Just lunch then you go home, i thought to myself. I had to talk to Ms. Lucas, after math so when i got to my locker, everyone was at lunch and the hallway was completly empty. I jammed my books into my locker when i heard his voice. "Need some help, baby doll?" Chase asked me as he walked up behind me. "Nope." I said annoyed as i slammed my locker shut and turned around to see him facing me.

"What do you want, Chase?" i asked him, trying to hide my emotions of being annoyed, surprised, and a little scared. "I was just wondering if i could walk a beautiful girl to lunch. Wouldnt want a beauty like you to walk by herself, no would we?" I hid my astonishment from him as i rolled my eyes. Why the hell was he hitting on ME? I have never talked to him before and he is messed up if he thinks he can get me to like him. I turned around and walked away, but not before he grabbed by wrist and pulled me back. God, what was wrong with this guy?!

···················································································································