Chapter 2: The Bad Boy's Bet

Shays POV: 

I struggled as Chase pulled my wrist. He walked us back to where we were standing before and then let go. i backed up and leaned against the lockers with my arms crossed over my chest. "What do you want!?" i nearly yelled at him as he came closer to me, trapping me against the wall. "i want to figure you out..." he whispered as he stroked my cheek. i slapped his hand away. God, where were the teachers when you need them? "What the hell does that mean?" i asked as he stepped closer to me. "your mysterious Shay." i gaped at him. me? mysterious? yeah right! "No." i corrected him. " Shelia DeMortè is mysterious. But me? No." Shelia DeMortè was the emo/goth girl that everyone stayed away from. Her hair covered her eyes and no one ever saw them. "Then why dont you let anyone in your life?" he asked me. " i let people i LIKE in my life." I ducked uder his arm and walked around him. His face looked shocked, like he couldnt believe someone actually didnt like him. I rolled my eyes and strutted away, confused and annoyed. I skipped lunch and went straight home, there was too much on my mind.

************************************************************************ 

Later that day, i was laying on my bed, books, papers, and pencils sprawled out all around me. I looked comfortable with my PINK sweats and my hair in a messy bun, but i felt anything but comfortable. All evening my friends had been harassing me about the rumours going around about me and Chase, which i quickly denied. But, Chase Shaw was hitting on ME. Wasnt he? Yes, he was, i decided.But why? Why me? i thought to myself. i had never even talk to the kid! Most girls would be extatic right now, but not me. I dont like him! He is annoying and a jerk and rude and extremely hot... Focus Shay! I groaned loudly and shoved all my books off my bed and climbed under the sheets. It was only 10:15, but i just wanted this day to be over. 

************************************************************************ 

Chase's POV:  

I drove my beat up car in the dark night. I didnt know where i was going, i just need to clear my head. I tried talking to Shay today and it... didnt go as expected. She didnt show any emotion, other than annoyed. Most girls are already in love with me by now. Relax Chase, I told myself, you still have 2 months... you can get any girl and Shay Collins is no exception. I thought back to 2 weeks ago, when i made that stupid bet with my brother, Cole.  

************************************************************************ 

FLASHBACK: 

"Dude, you cant keep getting arrested like this." Cole scolded me, completly sober. I raised another beer to my lips and took a long drink, "Look... little bro, i do... what i want." i told him, my words slurrig. Cole rolled his eyes at me. "Dad said we need to decide who gets the car, how bout if you get arrested in the next 6 months, i get dads Ferrari?" Cole proposed. I scoffed at the idea. My dad got a brand new Ferrari from his boss, but he already has a chauffer, so he told Cole and I to figure out who was getting it. Cole was 15 and getting his license the day he turns 16, in about 4 months. Anyway, if we were makig a bet for that car, it better be a bet i have a chance of winning. "No man, i...it-" i puked on the floor as Cole scooted away. After i was done, Cole scolded me again. " and stop drinking Chase, your gonna get-" i cut him off. "Any other ideas?" Cole thought for a moment. "How about if you keep a girlfriend for 6 months?" Cole asked. I laughed in his face. " how insulting. dude, you know... i get get any girl at our school." i told him, my words slurring again. "Not every girl." Cole told me. i chuckled. "Name one." i challenged him. "Shay Collins." Again, i laughed. Shay Collins, extremley hot, not super popular but not a loser, never had a boyfriend and never kissed anyone. This would be easy. "Your on lil bro." i said as i drank another beer. "Okay," Cole said. " Rules: she has to kiss you, she has to agree to being your girlfriend, and she has to say she loves you, all in 2 months." i extended my hand as i agreed to the bet. A sly smile spread across my face. That ferrari was mine. 

************************************************************************