Chapter 16

It's my birthday today!!! I tried to make my chapter extra long for you guys as my gift to you. Spoilt children! I shouldn't be giving you gifts, but whatever. I love you guys. I think this is my longest/best chapter yet, so enjoy! Also, happy (late) Valentine's Day!!!! I tried to make this chapter kinda sorta ish romantic.

Question: Who should Biana end up with?
Comment your answers pls.

Happy Reading!!
~Rsurana216

—————Back at Foxfire: Sophie's Perspective——————————

My Elementalism Mentor evidently did NOT know the meaning of quiet. Quiet work time is definitely not the time to play loud rock music! I was just looking forward to Telepathy. It was the only time I could see Fitz, now that he was in the elite towers. Ugh, even thinking about him made my heart flutter like crazy. The rest of the period zoomed by. Time for P.E.!

"Hey, Foster, why so worried?" Keefe inquired.

"Who agreed to let you and me be in the same PE class!" I sighed exasperated.

"Seriously, what's up?" Biana asked, "You've been... distant today."

I looked down. "Probably just stress and lots of worry. About the Neverseen."

"Don't worry about it. For now, just worry about school. Be a normal teenager for awhile!" Biana assured me.

"Yeah Foster, I mean Lady Foster, chill!!" Keefe said.

"Okay, I'll try. Thanks guys!" I said.

"Be quiet!" Lady Elda snapped.

I looked down and continued my push ups. (Basically me during PE... and every other class)

I continued my exercises with a surprising momentum. NEXT PERIOD IS TELEPATHY!!! My mind squealed. I internally groaned. I was so annoying... to myself. Wait what? Is that even a thing? Whatever.

I literally ran all the way to Telepathy. I was probably sweaty and gross by the time I reached, but who cares.

"Hello Sophie!" Sir Tiergan greeted.

"Hi!"

"Hey Soph," I didn't even have to turn around to know who said that.

"Hi Fitz!" I smiled like I was super duper high.

"Are you okay?" Tiergan asked, genuinely concerned for my well being.

"She's fine, just super duper excited to get home after this," Fitz answered for me. I smiled gratefully.

"Okay. Let's get started shall we?" Tiergan announced. "You guys probably know that your Cognate Test is in a few weeks."

"WAIT WHAT!!!" I asked, "Cognate Test?"

"Yeah, what?" Fitz asked, sharing the same confusion.

"Oh, must have slipped my mind. Well your Cognate Test is in 4 weeks. If you pass, which I have no doubt you will, you'll officially be Cognates!"

The excitement on Fitz's face was soooo cute. I mentally slapped myself.

"But there's still one thing I want to teach you. Your bond is now stronger than ever, so we should try something called split - personas"

"What's that?" Fitz asked.

"It's something where you can split your conscious and become 2 different people at the same time. Only Cognates with the highest level of trust can achieve this. There is only one other Cognate pair that can do this. Dimitri and Keslov. I wanted to see if you guys could do it." Tiergan explained.