Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Walking home that day I recalled my second day of being at this school. When I was sitting in antimony looking out the window and I saw a wolf. It was a lot bigger than an average sized wolf; its eyes are the most memorable part though. They were humane. I can't believe I forgot all about seeing it. I got so wrapped up in Tristen, someone that doesn't even like me in that way, how can I forget something this big?

When I got home I jogged up the stairs throwing my bag on the chair and opening up my laptop that was sitting on my bed. Mom finally got internet so I booted up my computer, shrugging out of my jacket. I tapped my knee trying to be patient but when I was finally able to log on I had to type in my password three times before I pushed every key with one finger.

I pulled up a search engine then typed in Wickery Forest. A map popped up showing me where it is located. I sighed going back up and adding, history. I clicked on the first link and scanned the page.

"Wickery Forest is known for being the first home of the werewolves.

In 1879 werewolves were discovered in the outskirts of town, while John Samuels was on a hunting trip. He said he was attacked by, not the averaged sized wolf.

All the towns people gathered together planning on getting rid of all the werewolves.

When they realized that they had no idea who were the werewolves and ended up killing innocent people, everyone fled Wickery Forest.

Ever since 1879 no one entered Wickery Forest to terrified of the werewolves stories but now it is home for many people."

I sat back against my pillows sighing, well that didn't help. They basically just told me what Ash did. Ash! I should have gone straight to her. I shook my head and closed my laptop feeling silly for even looking up this and even thinking it was true for a second.

"Anna!" my mom called up the stairs.

I got off my bed and open my door sticking my head out into the hallway. "Yeah?" I called back.

"I'm going to the grocery store. Want to come?" she asked.

I glanced around my room and out in the hallway, not really feeling like staying here alone I called back saying I'll be down in a second.

I grabbed my jacket off my bed and my purse off the chair I walked out heading downstairs.

At the grocery store I listen to my mom mutter to herself about what we needed and what she wanted but thought we necessarily didn't need. I leaned my elbows on the handle of the chart and watched her compare two boxes, not paying attention really when I heard a voice down the aisle.

I glanced down the aisle nonchalantly but did a double take when I noticed it was Ash. She nodded to a woman and walked over grabbing something off the shelf and started to read the back of it.

"Mom," She stopped mid-sentence and glanced at me. "I'll be back, okay?" I said pushing the cart closer to her.

She nodded but kept her eyes on me while I walked the ten feet towards Ash.

"Hey," I said.

She jumped slightly the box falling out of her hands. She looked over at me her checks turning pink. "Annabel, hi." She said bending down and grabbing the box.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

She smiled and waved a hand in the air. "So, What's up?" she asked grabbing another box off the shelf.

I glanced down not knowing how to ask what I want to or even if I want to. I took a deep breath and said, "Could we talk sometime?"

She frowned. I knew this would be weird for her. We haven't talked that much since I sit with Amber at lunch and we only have one class together P.E. "What about?" She asked.

I glanced back at my mom but she was still picking things off the shelf and placing them in the cart. She crossed another item off her list and glanced back at the shelf. "Do you remember my first day, when you talked about the werewolves?" I asked.

She nodded. "I know, I'm stupid for believing in the history. I get it." She said glancing back at the shelf. I could tell I hit a nerve so I tried to quickly fix it.

"No," I said quickly. "I wanted to learn more about it."

She looked surprised but said, "Really."

I nodded. "Yeah."

She smiled. "Okay, come over sometime and I'll tell you all about it."

"Thanks."

She smiled and walked back over to the women she was with. My mom walked up to me pushing the cart.

"Who was that?" She asked watching Ash walk away.

"A friend from school." I told her stuffing my hands into my pockets.

She smiled at me, probably glad to see I wasn't lying about me having friends. "Ready to move on?" she asked.

I nodded and we started for a new aisle.

***

That night my mom dropped me off at Tristen's to finish up the paper we still weren't done with. My mom wouldn't have let me go out so late but the paper was due the next day. She wasn't very happy that we waited until the last minute to finish the paper. I tried to convince her that we were just doing touch ups but I don't think she believed me.

I gave her a hug then climbed out of the car. I waved to her while she pulled out of the drive way then climbed the stairs to Tristen's front door. I knocked on the door and took a step back in wait.

I heard the door handle move then it yanked open. I glanced down to see Gracie staring up at me. When she realized it was me a grinned spread wide across her face and she ran to give me a huge.

"Hey, Gracie." I said binding down to return the huge. When she pulled back I asked, "Where's your brother at?"

"In his room." She said turning around and running back inside.

I smiled then stood up. I closed the door and headed towards the stairs when I heard something. Voices were coming from kitchen. I was on the third step on the stairs when something they said caught my attention.

"Maggie, he needs to tell her." I heard Tristen's dad say.

I frowned taking a step back.

"No, he doesn't. It's too soon; it's only been two weeks." I heard her sigh and Gracie laugh. "You don't know how she'll feel, I do. He needs to wait."

I heard footsteps then he said, "Honey, I know this won't be good for her but for him? He needs this, but not just him the pa-"

"Annabel?" I turned sharply looking up seeing Tristen standing on the stairs landing. "When did you get here?" He asked walking down to meet me.

"Just now actually." I said.

He smiled. "Well, come on. We gotta get this done tonight; you know we can't keep putting this off no matter how much you want to." He said turning around heading back up stairs.

"What? You're the one that kept wanting to take breaks." I said jogging to keep up with him.

He put a hand to his chest and gasped. "Me?! never." He smiled and walked towards his room.

I smiled after him then glanced back downstairs. What was Tristen's dad going to say? Something that started with a P.

"Anna," I heard Tristen called out.

I turned around walking towards Tristen's room. I pushed away what I heard and focused on Tristen instead.

Enjoy guys!! Comment, vote and fan!!