chapter 4

Killing me softly

Chapter 4

I started to sit with Amber at lunch and when we got to our table I sat down making her jump. I sighed leaning back against my chair; I picked up my water bottle about to drink it when I caught someone's eye. The blonde was sitting at the table up against the wall with the windows; her body turned so she can lean her back against the window and face everyone in the lunch room. She had one leg crossed over the other so no one can see up her mini skirt, her black corset tank top was way to relieving and when I caught her eye, and she lifted her chin up slightly, while her hand rested on her head playing with her hair. With the sun to her back it shone off her hair like a halo.  A small smirk played across her lips and the five guys that surrounded her all looked in my direction.

I quickly glanced away, my eyes landing on Tristen. He was looking over at the blonde as well and when I looked at him he glanced my way. I glanced back at the blonde and she glanced at Tristen giving him a wink.

I quickly looked down not wanting to play this game anymore and not wanting to know what just happened. I was having an internal debate with myself when a clearing of the throat made me jump. I almost forgot I wasn't the only one at this table. I glanced up meeting Amber's eyes then wished I hadn't.

She cocked an eyebrow at me and tilted her head towards the blonde. "What just happened?" she asked pointing from Tristen, to the blond then to me.

I shrugged. "I don't know what you mean." I said uncapping my bottle of water and taking a sip.

"Yeah, okay. Why does Queen Victoria have it out for you?" she asked sitting back and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Victoria," I said, finally being able to call her something other than the blonde. "Doesn't have it out for me." I waved my hand in the air saying, "I'm the new girl, remember? It's weird in this town, everyone looks at me like that." I told her.

She shook her head folding her arms on the table and leaning in. "No it's more than that. She never and I mean never pays attention to anyone. Why do you think we call her Queen Victoria? She thinks she's high and mighty. Better than everyone." She glances over at her and rolls her eyes. "It's disgusting how those guys follow her around like she's their master." She looks back at me. "You better watch it, the last time someone got in her path, we never saw them again." She told me completely serious.

I smiled then laughed. "Thanks for the heads up but I don't think I'm going to go "missing" anytime soon." I said shaking my head.

"Anna, I'm serious." She said. "Ask anyone of these people." she said gesturing to the room. "No one knows what happened. If they just moved or transferred but everyone's too afraid to ask. We just stay clear." She said shrugging. She glance at me and smirked. "Pretty impressive, only your first week and you got the Queen Bee's attention. You know I thought you were the "avoid the spotlight" type but I must be wrong." She said digging in to her food.

I bite my lip glancing over at Victoria one last time. I do hate being the center of attention. I don't even know what I did to bring her attention to me. I glanced away from her and looked at my food but not feeling very hungry anymore, I pushed my tray away and leaned back dreading my future.

When anatomy came I rushed to the class excited to see Tristen. For a class I'm not very good at, it's the time of day I'm more excited for. I guess that's because of my partner. Him and Amber have become my friends, lucky me I guess some new students don't have much luck on the first week of school and here I have two new friends. I walked quickly to my desk not taking anything out, I would just have to pick back up cause were going to the computer lab to work on our papers. I slide onto my stool placing my bag at my feet.