Picking up the Pieces

Kellin's POV

I can't believe he just walked out like that. Who does he think he is. Well Victor Fuentes obviously. But walking away has always been my thing who is he to just walk away because he didn't like the conversation was going.

He asked me to be honest and he did that. Ugh. Normally I would just get over it. But I can't he was my first love. But fuck it imma just do what I normally do when I don't want to deal with things. I pulled out my phone and dialed a number that I know too damn well.

Ring. Pick up.

Ring. Hurry up.

Ring. "Hello"

Finally. "Yo man are you busy?"

"Nah not really. I'm in the middle of something but I cam make time. Why? What's up?"

"I need you and I need you like right now."

"Alright. Meet me at the usual spot"

"Alright I'll me there in ten."

"Alright"

With that I hung up. And walk out of Vic and Mike's house and and to my car.

I just needed to clear my head and being with him always helps.

I turned on the radio and Homesick by A Day To Remember was playing. I sang along to the radio and drove to the park near my house. It wasn't an actual park it was an abandoned school that my friends and I discovered a while back and now we use it to hang out and occasionally throw parties.

When I arrived there I didn't see his car so I parked and waited. I hope he hurries up. I don't like waiting. I feel like the world should wait on me. Not the other way around.

I decided to just get out the car and walk around to kill time. I hate cramped spaces.

Don't judge me they make me feel trapped. If I'm trapped anywhere I'd rather it be in my own bubble. Not a car.

As I'm walking I finally spot him.

"BEAU!!!" I screamed.

He turned and looked at me then waved me over.

I walked toward him and I noticed Vic. What was he doing here. Probably the same reason I'm here.

"Why is he here?" I heard Vic say

"Because Kellin and I are great friends. Is that a problem my little Viccy?"

My little Viccy?

"Um... am I interrupting something?" I asked.

"Yes" "Nah" Vic and Beau said at the same time.

Vic just glared at Beau with a look that could kill him if he made any sudden moves.

"Am I missing something?" Beau asked confused. "What's going on here. Like I know you two don't like each other but usually you two act civilized and just tolerate each other's presence."

"I should go." Vic said and went to get up but Beau grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. Most people wouldn't even touch Vic, let alone grab him and sit him back down because they know he would rip their head off. Literally. But Beau isn't afraid of him. Which is probably why we're almost best friends.

"You're not going anywhere until one of you tell me what's going on. Same to you Kellin."

"Fine." I said and sat down next to Beau.

We just sat in silence for about 10 minutes and I prefer to keep it that way. Well until Beau decided to open his big mouth.

"So... who's going to explain this to me. Because honestly Vic we've known each other since we were little and Kels we've been friends since middle school. And I care about yall. Honestly I can Care less if yall hate each other but right now neither of you look pissed you just look like you're running away from a problem. So I'll ask again what's the problem here?"

I looked at Vic and he was staring at me already.

"Do you want to tell him or should I?" Vic asked me.

"I guess I'll do it.... It stared a few years ago..." and I told Beau the entire story about how we were once best friends, how we dated, how I left. Every detail was said and Beau listened and Vic didn't interrupt.

Once I was finished Beau looked at each of us and said "well fuck"

Um...okay?

"Kellin what the fuck man? You can't just do that to people. That's low even for you. We get it you were scared and wanted an easy way out but still running away wasn't the best move. You should have talked to Vic about how you were feeling. Maybe you two could have slowed things down."

"I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do."

"Not done. Vic I know Kellin hurt bad. And now I understand why you hate him but making his life hell isn't cool. You can't hurt him physically for something he did emotionally. Yes I would have punched him in the face too if he returned. But that's not the solution to this."

"I know. But every time I see his face it reminds me that he destroyed me. And I just want him to feel the pain I felt. Because honestly a 1000 ass whooping would feel better than the way I feel."

I looked at Vic but he refused to meet my eyes. He was staring into the distance. Something he's been doing since he started talking.

It was silent for a minute before Beau spoke up again. "Well now we know the issue. In my opinion from the looks of how you two are reacting I think 1. Kellin you owe Vic and apology. 2. Vic you need to get past it and work on not hating him so much. And 3. You two need to talk this out until you come to an understatement. With that being said give me your car keys."

"What?!" Vic and I yelled at the same time.

"Give. Me. Your. Car. Keys. I won't be far. I'll be waiting by my car. That way neither of you can leave before you talk this out. I'll be back in 20 minutes and you two better talk or you can both walk home. And I'll give you back your keys when I feel like it."

"Fine." I handed him my keys.

"I guess" and Vic give him his.

With our car keys Beau walked away and headed towards the south parking lot.

"Ready to get talk? This time without either of us walking away like teenage girls." I asked Vic.

"Sweetie you are a teenage girl." Vic said said with a smirk on his lips.

I just rolled my eyes playfully and smiled. "Look Vic. I'm sorry. And I'm not apologizing because Beau told me to. I'm apologizing because I know I was wrong. I was being selfish and I wasn't really thinking. I didn't think it was going to affect you the way it did. I've seen you get out of relationships with out a care in the world. I just figured you would do the same."

"Kellin shut up you idiot."

I looked at him and for the first time since I got here he was looking back at me. This time with a smile on his lips. I smiled back.

"Am I forgiven?"

"Definitely"

My smile grew wider. And I went to hug him. To my surprise he hugged back and kissed my head.

"I missed you Kel." I looked up at him and he was looking back down at me.

He leaned in and kissed me and I kissed him back. I always loved he way his lips felt against mine.

"I missed you too Viccy"

"Guys I came back early to tell you that Lights needs me but I can see I came back just in time to watch a porno up close." Beau said as he approached us.

"Shut up Beau." I said.

"Whatever. Here are your keys. I'm no longer needed here." He threw each of us our keys and walked away.

"We should head back home." Vic said to my disappointment.

"Okay let's go."

As we walked back to the north parking lot where my car was he grabbed my hand and held it.

We arrived at my car and he asked if I could drive him to his car on the other side. I agreed. Once I dropped him off. We drove to his house me following behind him.

I thought about how today turned out. I'm glad I decided to call Beau. He always comes through when I need him.