The Celebration Of An Ending

"Vic what time is it?" I asked once I realized that the sun was barely even up yet?

After this mornings activities, Vic and I took a shower and continued those activities in there and again in the bedroom. Let's just say that the housekeeping service will have a hell of a mess to clean up.

Vic reached for his phone that was on the bedside table. Once he looked at the time he jumped up and looked shocked.

"We have to leave in the next 30 minutes if we want to make it there in time."

"Vic it's not even daylight out." I stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world. And right now it was a pretty damn good point. I drank way too much last night and even though I took pain killers after round one for my headache, I felt like complete shit. But I looked amazing. "Where are we going so early and what time is it?"

"It's 6:30 and just finish getting dressed and I'll explain everything on the way there. Baby we have to go."

Um? Okay? Why the fuck does he have me up so early? While I got dressed, Vic left the room to make a phone call. Who is he calling this early in the morning.

He walked back in the room just as I'm finishing my hair.

"Ready to go? Our ride is here." I decided to stop asking questions since it is obvious that I'm not getting any answers. I just nod my head.

Vic grabbed our bags and we checked to make sure we had everything before heading to the elevator.

Once we're in the elevator I go to push the button for the ground floor but Vic smacked my hand away. I gave him a questioning look but he ignored it and pressed the button that was two floors above ours. We book a room on the second highest floor that had rooms. We would have gotten the top floor but it was reserved for someone else. The only floor above that was...

"Vic why are we going to the roof?" He only shrugged. "If you're planning to kill me. I'd rather it be something that won't damage my face."

He started laughing. "Babe I'm not going to kill you. Do you remember what I told you last night after I sang to you before I went to sleep?"

"You sang to me last night?" I asked.

"Nevermind it's not important at the moment. The only thing that matters is that no. I'm not going to kill you. I have a surprise for you."

After that nothing was said as we arrived on the roof. Vic walked ahead of me to open the doors that lead outside. The warm San Diego air hit me and it reminded me how much I loved living here. The sun rise is always beautiful. We walked outside just as the sun was coming up and the mix of red, orange, blue and yellow filled the sky. I looked at Vic and smiled.

"It's beautiful, isn't it."

"Yeah." He replied looking at me. "You truly are beautiful."

"Thank you." I said as I hugged him. He chuckled and kissed my head.

"You're welcome. But this isn't why I brought you up here, darling."

I looked at him, confused. He took my hand and we continued to walk. Okay now I really think he's trying to kill me. As I'm looking at him. Not paying attention to where he's leading me. I see him toss our bags into the distance. I glance in the direction that he threw them and I stop in my tracks. Which caused him to stop also.

"Are you seriously not going to tell me where we're going?"

"I told you. We have to meet our parents for lunch before the ceremony." He replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world.