Chapter Twenty

***WARNING: There is going to be explicit content in this chapter. You will hopefully see these: 🔺🔻 The down triangle is when it starts, and the up is when it ends. Feel free to skip over if if you're uncomfortable reading it***
Three weeks. That's how long it's been since Daisy passed, and here I was standing at her headstone for the last time. I remember the day I found out she was gone like it was yesterday. I rushed to the hospital to find her small body laying on the bed completely still. I held her small, lifeless hand in mine as I sobbed. I hadn't cried like that in a very long time.
"Rose. We have to go," he stated, walking up behind me. I looked at him over my shoulder and nodded. I placed the Daisy by the headstone and touched it gently before walking away to the taxi with Bucky.

The drive to the airport was silent just like the past three weeks have been. I hardly talked to anyone anymore. I didn't eat, I couldn't sleep. I could tell Bucky was starting to worry.
"Rose," he whispered. I turned my head to look at him.
"I love you," he stated and I smiled.
"I love you too," I replied, my voice barley above a whisper. He took my hand in his and kissed my knuckles.

Luckily for us, Coulson sent a private jet to pick us up and take us to New York. We stepped onto the jet, and within a few minutes we were in the air.
"Rose. I'm worried about you," Bucky stated. I tore my eyes away from the open window to look at him.
"I know, but I'll be fine." I tried forcing a smile for his sake that he didn't seem to buy. He sighed, and settled back into his seat. Throughout the flight Bucky would glance at me, worry evident in his eyes.
"Buck, you don't have to worry about me," I said.
"I only worry because I care," he stated. I smiled a genuine smile, placing my head against his broad shoulder.

The flight to New York was short, and we were greeted by Coulson when we stepped off the jet.
"Nice to see you two made it here safely," he greeted. He guided us into the black car, and we began to drive to our new home.

The apartment was perfect. It was large, open, and bright thanks to the large windows in the living room area. It had a fantastic view of the city of Manhattan, and a small balcony.
"Sorry to do this to you, but James we need you for a mission tomorrow. This file has everything to prep you," Coulson explained, handing Bucky a yellow folder.
"Someone will be here to pick you up at five a.m." Bucky gave a small nod before escorting Coulson out of our apartment. I had a sick feeling in my stomach as I stared at the folder in Bucky's hands. He opened it, and quickly read it over before looking up at me.
"It's a simple mission. Nothing I haven't done before," he said, walking towards me. He placed his hands on my cheeks, his thumb wiping away a tear I hadn't noticed.
"Promise me you'll come back," I whispered, my voice failing at the end.
"I promise," he said, kissing my forehead tenderly. "It's late. Let's get ready for bed." I followed Buck into the master bedroom, and changed into one of Bucky's white tee shirts and a pair of red boy shorts. Bucky emerged from the bathroom wearing only boxers. I crawled into the bed next to him, pulling the white duvet over me. I placed my head on his shoulder, and began to lightly trace figures on his bare chest.
"You know, I often think of what our lives would be like if you hadn't fallen from the train," I said after a period of silence.
"Tell me about it," he responded.
"Well you'd come home safely. Soon after we would get married, and buy a quaint house with a white picket fence. We'd have a big yard with big oak trees, a garden, and a porch swing. Two years later, we'd have our first child. The first of three."
"Girl or boy?" Bucky questioned.
"It wouldn't matter, but you'd spoil them," I stated causing him to chuckle softly.
"Sounds like quite the life," he whispered.
"Oh! And a dog. We'd have a nice family dog," I added.
"Well go to sleep now." I snuggled closer to Bucky and closed my eyes.
"I love you," I mumbled against his neck.
"I love you more," he replied.
"Not possible." And with that, I drifted off to sleep.