Chapter 6

Jayden's Point of View...

I don't even remember what exactly happened in that damn closet.

I remember the fire that burned my skin once I grabbed her wrist and pulled her in. I remember the way her frame presssed against mine and the scent of her, filling the small confined space we were in. I remember wanting nothing more than to taste those lips of hers, but my wolf was in control. He had to get the job done, what he wanted done...and he did. He marked her, we marked her, with our claim, and now... now I was in deep sh.it. 

She ran off before I could even completely come out of the wolf trance I was in, so I didn't get to explain or apologize, and it killed me to see her that way but my pride held me back. She was gonna be thrilled once she realized she had been marked by the soon to be alpha. The one she-wolves all around wanted but never had. 

She would be my girl.

I didn't see her the rest of the day and my wolf was starting to get worried.

'What if something happened?!' 'What if she's hurt?!' 

Let me tell you, it's not easy taking a calculus test while a wolf is urging you to get up and kill anyone that stands in the way of finding your mate...but I had to just get through the last two periods and I'd see her, i'd apologize and we'd start off the way we should've.

After school, I looked for her, hell, I blew off football for the first time all season, but she wasn't anywhere to be seen.. and that's when the panic rushed through me,

I wasn't gonna lose her. I wasn't gonna let her slip right through my fingers, not before our first kiss, the first time I got to hold her, the first time I-...

...I picked up on her sent about a mile from school. I almost went wolf instantly when I realized there was other wolf scents mixed with hers, but became instantly distraught when I realized I knew those wolves.

I knew them because they were my family's... I knew them because I caught scent of my own. 

My little mate was in my house... and she was not happy.