Marcys Point of View

When you're young, everyone tells you the story of the beautiful princess who gets saved by the prince and they fall in love and live happily ever after. This was not my life. In my old pack, I wasn't a princess and I wasn't marrying a prince, I was marrying the talking rat.

My wolf whined as she tried to convince me that I'd have a fresh start, but even now, sitting in Jayden's lap, the Prince Charming of all Prince Charming's, did not make me feel like a princess.

"Marcy, please tell me... I know this is a lot for you to take in. It's all moving fast but I need to be able to protect you. Have time to bond with you."

I nodded my head and tried to climb out of Jayden's lap, unsuccessfully.
"Stay. Please. " he said.

"Okay."

I took a deep breath.

"I'm a rogue. I have no family. No ties to a pack anymore... All because I chose to leave, " I started, I could tell by Jayden's adorably confused face that he didn't understand why anyone would leave the safety of a pack. "Jayden... Please try and listen without getting mad. But... I....I was arranged to be married to a rival pack. They were a pack that mine tried to make peace with... peace by offering... "

"-You." He cut me off. His eyes two shades darker showed exactly how pissed he was. "Marcy. Give me a minute." Jayden reached up, grabbed me by the waist and placed me gently on the bed. He stood up and paced back and forth, his breath harsh and quick.

I bit my lip and put my head down.

I'm not sure why I was chosen for the peace offering. My family held no rank in the pack. I was normal. Simply unmated, til now. I could feel the tears of frustration drip down my cheeks.

Why me?

Suddenly, Jayden's figure crept down to my level and he placed my head in his hands.

"No one... No one is going to take you from me," he started, staring directly in my eyes, melting away all my insecurities and heartache, "if you chose me. If you pick me. I will be the only man you'll ever have to marry. The one man whose bed you'll need to fall asleep and wake up in. You are mine Marcy and that means you're not a rogue. You're the future Luna of my pack. Marcy.... this is your home now."

My breath caught in my throat.
Even before Jayden, I never had a real family. I had a mother and father who spent more time working with the pack and surrounding themselves with their jobs rather than their only child. All my life I felt alone. I grew accustom to it.

"Jayden. Wait."

"Yes?"

"I don't know," I stood up hesitantly, "we are just so young... I met you today. You can't promise me forever yet. I don't even know you well enough... We've never even gone on a date and you're asking me to run your pack with you?"

Jayden smiled. "By my side. I'm asking you to be by my side, princess. But if a date's what you want, a date's what you'll get."

I stood there dumbfounded.

"A date? You're asking me on a date?"

"Yup. Marcy Evans. Go out with me this Friday night?"

I could see the twinkle in Jayden's eyes.

Oh Mr.Alpha, I hope you realize it won't be that easy.

"No."

"No?!"

"Try a little harder honey. You may have marked me but I can still play hard to get" I winked.

A smile crept on Jayden's face, one that told me this surely wasn't over.

"No problem. I hope you know who you're dealing with beautiful. You are mine."

I laughed and began climbing out Jayden's window.

"See you tomorrow alpha"

I heard Jayden's wolf growl as my feet hit the ground . I laughed all the way home.

HOME....... Hearing that had me thinking.... Maybe this place could work out after all.