No!

"Been avoiding me?" Damocles laughs until he notices my guilty look. "Really?" he asks. "Why?"

"Complicated," I mumble.

"Listen," he says. "Someone is trying to get you off the scene. They've been spreading the rumor that you're leaving."

"That's because I am!" I pushed him away. He leaned his face in even closer than before.

"What?" his voice was so low it was hardly even audible.

"Nobody's trying to 'get me off the scene.' I made the plan. I started the rumor!" I say loudly. "It's not really a rumor though-" Damocles cuts me off.

"You have to stay," he says while roughly grabbing my arm.

"What?" I am not used to him grabbing me. "Let go," I squeal as his grip tightened.

"Damned if I'll let you go. Snow tried your life once, and I won't let him do it a second time."

"It's not your decision," I say. He grip hardens again, if that's even possible. "Ow! Damocles, your hurting me!"

He lets go. "How will you survive if you can't even withstand that?!" he yells. We're too far away for anyone to hear us. The crazed look in his eyes scare me.

My mouth stays shut. Damocles has never acted like this before. He suddenly jumps off the tree, scratching the back of his neck. He goes into the forest, but I know he's still watching me. I know what's coming, but I don't want to do it in front of Damocles. But it's too late. I curl up into a ball and cry. My arm aches from where he grabbed me, and I'm miserable. Damocles has never hurt me before. I make the choice right then to leave, and leave soon.

So how do you like it? This is the last chapter but a new book will be coming out after the holidays. Thanks for reading! -Averie