Chapter 2

"So you're telling me," Emily started pacing around her room as she changed while I watched her from her bed, "that you're an angel."
   "Yup."
    "And you are here to help me find my soulmate?" She raised her brow.
    "Something like that."
    "What do you mean something like that?" She asked.
    "I mean," I said propping myself up on my elbows, "I'm here to show you how better off you are without a soulmate."
    "But I thought your mission was to help me find love?"
    "God, are you always asking so many questions?" I huffed already regretting saying yes to this case.
    "Well, it's not every day an angel or cupid drops out of the blue to tell someone they're here to help them find their soulmate." She laughed incredulously.
    "First of all we like to go by agents," I started grabbing sunglasses from her nightstand.                      "Secondly, it happens everyday and lastly you got some sarcasm. Finally, something I can work with." I smirked.
    "Now, get out of that shirt and put on something cute. You're not going to find shit looking like well, shit. I'm not a miracle worker." I sighed getting up and out of her bed.
   "You're literally the definition of a miracle worker." She said scanning her closet nonetheless.

   "So where we headed?" I asked, placing my feet on the dashboard of her somewhat lame yellow car.
  "You're just going to follow me around all day?" She asked.
   Here we go with the questions again.
   "Believe me this is not how I planned to spend my day, but yes that's the plan. So where do you work?"
   "Work? Didn't you read the quote on quote, heavy, unbelievably mind-numbing, file on me? Which reminds me how do you guys gather all that information about one person? Does that mean you guys are always watching? What does the file say about me? Do you have it with you?"
   I was really trying to keep my anger in check. Of course, I got the case of the most annoying person on Earth.
  "I didn't read it. Now slow it down with the questions or I'm going to go back to the heavens and watch you live a sad lonely life from up there."
  "Fair enough," Emily said placing her hands on the steering wheel. "I don't have a job yet."
  "You better tell me you're kidding because if you tell me you still go to school..."
    I was going to lose it. School is worse than hell and that's saying a lot.
  "I'm a sophomore in college." She quietly said, cringing.
   Fuck.
   At least she's not in high school.
   "Just start the car."

    After what seemed like an eternity, and after a long fight over the radio stations we made it to her college campus.
   I pushed my sunglasses slightly down my nose as I stare at the mass of humans and cringed.
   We got out of Emily's car and started walking towards the main entrance which seemed so far away due to the lack of parking spots which led to us parking streets away. 
   "So my soulmate is here?" She started. 
   "I don't know, we'll see." 
   "Okay but you do know who it is right?" She stopped walking and grabbed my arm. 
    Something tells me that if I say I know who it is it'll make my work so much easier. However, by law, I'm not supposed to tell humans who their soulmate is but if I say I don't know who it is, I fear that the grip on my arm will tighten.

  "Who is she talking to?" Some random girl whispered to her other friends. They started looking at Emily with a weird look on their face.
   "You do know I'm invisible right?" I laughed as she quickly let go of my arm her cheeks flushing. Her brown eyes started looking around to see who noticed she was talking to herself.
    "Also, you're the only person that can hear me." I finished, crossing my arms and started walking.
    Emily just huffed and followed after me. "I can read your mind, just another thing you should know."
     "I don't want you in my head, no offense." She thought. "I can only read or hear when it's directed towards me. I can't see your daydreams or thoughts about other things."
    "Oh, it's still weird though."  Emily caught up to me, subtly nodding her head to the side to let me know where we're headed.
    I looked at the students, a few of them were followed by their own agents most which hated me, therefore, acted like they didn't see me.
    "Are you going to the Halloween party, one of the frats is throwing?" I overheard a group of girls talking about it. "I already have my costume, I'm going as an angel!" I rolled my eyes. Of course, she would. 
   "Do you see him?" Emily asked pushing her glasses up her nose.
   I simply shook my head because if she knew that I had no idea who her soulmate was she would kill me.