Infinite

*Nik's POV*
The light illuminated the dark inside of the church.
Penelope stood in the light and the shadows that framed her stood in contrast with the light and made it look like she was standing in a halo. She looked like she was glowing, like an angel.
I swallowed while she was walking down the aisle.
Elijah to my left and Rebekah to my right were smiling as well. For a moment I let my gaze wander; over to Cami who sent me a smile, to Hayley who looked at me with a smirk on her face, to Davina who looked down and then finally my eyes met Marcellus. He withstood my gaze and looked tense when suddenly a small smile played around his lips and he gave me a nod.
My eyes went back down the aisle were my future was approaching me.

*Penelope's POV*
My knees were still weak even though Damon had a firm hold of my arm while he guided me down the aisle and over to Nik.
When I had entered the church his jaw almost dropped and I heard how Damon giggled but now he was looking at me with so much warmth and love that I was struggling to not look away.
"I am so happy for you. We all are." Damon whispered suddenly into my ear when we were in the middle of the aisle. I turned my head and looked at him, a single tear forming in my eye. "Thank you."
I looked back at Nik and then over to father Kieran who smiled when I met his eyes.
The church, I finally realized, looked so different.
Although the cold and dark stone walls were still there, Rebekah had managed to change the whole atmosphere.
White, small accents were everywhere. White seat cushions, white bow ties around the pews, white candles. Blue cornflowers were placed in certain areas and made the room look breathtaking.
Just then we reached the altar were Nik stood looking slightly nervous at Damon.
Damon hugged me and I felt how he kissed my forehead: "I love you."
Then he took my right hand and placed it into Nik's. "Take care of her."
"I will." Nik whispered and sent Damon a small smile.
"Perfect." Damon said, his famous smirk on his lips while he sat down next to Marcel.
I looked at Marcel. He smiled and gave me a small nod while he mouthed: "You look beautiful."
[Infinite- Rupert Pope & Danile Knight]
With a smile on my lips I turned to face Nik.
"Hey." My voice was cracking.
"You look breathtaking, love."
Father Kieran cleared his throat and the others stood up.
"We've gathered here today to celebrate the wedding of Niklaus Mikaelson and Penelope Sahar Salvatore."
We looked each other in the eyes.
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
His voice seemed miles away while I got lost in Nik's eyes.
"Love never ends." Kieran said and a small smile was on Nik's face. "You promised each other an eternity together, that you'll be there for each other in health and illness, wealth and poverty, during the highest heights and during your greatest misery."
"Promise me this is forever." I whispered and looked at him.
"I promise." He smiled.
"It is time for your vows."
Rebekah walked up next to me and gave me the simple platinum ring for Nik.
I took a step back so I could fully look at him: "Niklaus Mikaelson, during my 173 years I never felt more alive. Even in my darkest hours you alighted me, you made me feel powerful and strong. I learned to be fearless, strong, passionate- Yes, you make me feel alive again. I never believed in true love yet here I stand happier than I have ever been. It doesn't matter if there is a war outside or if the world ends tomorrow as long as I am with you, Nik. You knew that it was always us and although I was fearful I went on and now I see the world, I see it on you. And I see our lives in a million circles, they are infinite; we are infinite. We promised us an eternity together and I will do it again: I promise you this is forever, Kaus Mikaelson." I slipped the ring on his finger.
He looked taken back. Elijah placed the ring in the palm of his hand. For a second there was silence when he cleared his throat and walked a bit closer. I realized that isolated tears were silently running down my cheeks Nik brushed them away with his thumb before he cupped my face with hands and began to talk: ""They say the passage of time will heal all wounds, but the greater the loss, the deeper the cut and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So as time moves along we get lost in distractions, act out in frustration, react with aggression, give in to anger, and all the while we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed, ready to begin anew. You made me heal again and I am ready start a new life with you, Penelope Salvatore."
I was completely speechless and so was everyone else. Nik slipped the ring on my finger.
Kieran looked taken back for a moment before he cleared his throat and began to speak again:
"If anyone knows of a reason why this couple should not wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."
Silence.
"I therefore proclaim that they are husband and wife." Kieran said finally.
"I love you." I said when Nik crushed his lips onto mine.
We kissed passionately and I heard them all cheering but I was completely lost in this kiss.
When he broke away a huge smile was on his face: "I love you, Penelope."