Long Way Down

*Flashback*

My heels hit the floor a bit harder then I had planned but I was on a mission and I was looking for Elena.

I had enough of her. Stefan was probably gone already and god knows where Damon was.

I would hand her over to this prehistoric guy and be done with it.

Completely lost in my rage I hadn't noticed someone standing in front of me when I hit his chest.

Aware of the sudden danger I pushed this somebody away. He chuckled and landed some steps away.

"And who you might be?"

I looked up and met eyes like the sea.

"Penelope."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Salvatore."

His face dropped slightly.

"Another Salvatore.. Coming for Elena's rescue?"

Now I was chuckling. "No. I was about to hand her over to you."

"So you know who I am."

"British accent. Charming. Eyes of a killer. You must be Niklaus Mikaelson."

"A feisty young lady, you are."

"Nah." I shrugged.

We both stood there and looked at each other.

"So why are you planning to hand her over?"

"Because I have enough."

"But isn't she the one true love of your brothers?"

"No." I said coldly. "She is what ruins them."

"Oh but they would be heartbroken.." He said with fake sorrow.

"They would get over it-" I grinned. "Eventually."

"So you don't care how your brothers feel, love?"

I looked a bit more serious now.

"I do. But they keep repeating the same mistakes and I am sick of watching them ruin what they have build over and over again. They might hate me the next 100 years but it would be for the best and Elena knows that. She's just to weak so I will make that decision for her. They will hate me but they will be happy again." A small smile played around my lips.

"You're noble."

"Like your brother." I added.

Klaus was smiling. "Well, yes."

Again silence for some minutes.

"So you know Katerina?"

"What makes you think I do?"

"You were talking about them making the same mistakes over and over again."

"Hm." I smiled. "I do know her. She turned me."

"Then you know that I will kill her." He said and there was a dark sparkle in his eyes as he approached me.

"I know. But first of all you know need to kill Elena." I reminded him.

"Right." His breath tickled my neck.

"Right." I said and took a step back slightly nervous by his sudden mood change.

"So." He turned away slightly. "We hopefully meet again soon."

I nodded and turned left to go into the gym but he grabbed my arm slightly.