Saturday night

Jason POV
My saturday nights had always been spent on dates with my girlfriend, but now that we weren't together, I was at a crab feed at a Masonic lodge with my family. Not my first choice in pla es to be.
The one good thing about this was that there was nothing to remind me of Sabrina here. My parents talked with my grandma, sharing their plans to have me join the freemasons once I was eighteen. I remembered what Sabrina had said on that:
"do it, make your parents happy. wont cause you any trouble" then upon learning I'd spend less time with her if I joined "do not join that group, you know people think it's a cult right? I'll break up with you if you join"
I tried using that to remind myself why I broke up with her, but I still missed her. I was shaken from my thoughts by a voice
"and I'll be taking care of you tonight. if you need anything let me know." it was our server, a girl, younger than me, from the jobs daughters group.
I didnt want to look at her, Sabrina had hated when I looked at other girls. I couldn't help but glance at her though, tye dye shirt and rainbow cat ears. She was childish, the type of girl Sabrina would gossip about, but she was safe, I didnt have Sabrina anymore.
As I returned to staring at my plate, my dad spoke to me
"dont look so down boy, tonight will be fun! grab us some drinks will you?" "I'm only seventeen" I reminded him "I'm not allowed to get alcohol" "then just get your mom a soda, you need to get up and moving before you plant roots"
I rolled my eyes but smiled at him. I did need a drink anyways.