The Unwritten Part XVIc - Tom

Tom looked up at the closed front door of the cabin, mere inches from his face. The moistness of the room, the odor of damp, old wood, mixed with wet copper and death, returned to him. He fought the compulsion to gag. Resting his forehead against the door again, he summoned his strength, patted the wood of the door, and then turned around. He carefully stepped over bodies, making his way through the bloody mess and returned to the kitchen.

He badly needed fluids. Again he fought the compulsion to gag with the thought of having to drink that water again. His stomach rumbled, itself groaning at the thought of it. Still, he hadn’t been throwing up from the first round.

That was when Charani started to come to.

As she came too, she first realized that she was on the floor. Her head was killing her but she resisted moving until she could get her eyes open and try to see what was happening. Someone, was moving in the room. She ran over her thoughts for what she could last remember. Stefano. She remembered stabbing him with her knife and had probably killed him. Then he had struck her and there was blackness. Till now.

She had the feeling that someone had been watching her. Carefully, she cracked opened her eyes, watching from behind veiled eyelashes. It was him! Her erotic toy was standing over her, watching. She resisted allowing a shiver to pass through her body and realized that he probably couldn’t see that her eyes were slightly opened.

The light from the lantern wasn’t shining on her but she could see his face in its light, clearly. She watched as he turned away from her and went over to the door. He opened it slightly and started breathing the outside air. So this was getting to him. She realized then that it was also getting to her. She tried to ignore the smell in the room and listened. There wasn’t another sound in the cabin, there wasn’t any other movement.

Were they all dead then? All? What had happened?

She looked up at the ceiling, a cold chill sweeping over her. She finally shivered no longer able to hold it back, but there was nothing now to be seen above her. Just the normal wood of the ceiling that she had seen for so many years. Her body screamed for her to move, to kill that bastard at the door. The one who had killed Stevo.

Charani had at first wanted him so badly. When they had found him in the woods she had desired him, craved him. She couldn’t explain her fascination with him. She had just, wanted him. Stevo had helped her bring him back to the cabin where they tied him down. Obviously, the man was some hiker who had fallen, slipped or something and dropped off a nearby cliff, knocking himself out.

They had discovered him unconscious, but alive. She knew why Stevo had helped her. He was happy to satisfy her sexual cravings in the hope that one day he would be the center of her desires. But she knew that would never happen. That was Stevo’s fantasy, not hers. But he was still dead and he will always be family. Unlike her “toy”.

That hadn’t been the first time they found someone who had strayed into their lands. Nor was it the first time they had enjoyed themselves with the lost individual until finally, they had to bury their captured trespasser. This one somehow, was special to her. There was something about him that she felt was so, compelling.

Charani watched as he closed the door and rested his head against it. He turned and she closed her eyes again, hoping he would pass her by. And he did. He stepped carefully through the room and into the kitchen. She heard the tap turn and the water flow. Then he must have been scooping the water up with his hand as he drank. She cringed. Even they didn’t drink that water directly from the tap without first boiling it. A painful smile crept across her face.

Her hand inched around in wet stickiness until it stopped upon some cold metal. A knife! Not her knife, but still a knife. She wriggled a bit, getting an accounting of her body. She seemed to be intact. Just that blow to the head, knocking her unconscious. She felt sick to her stomach, but she was back.