Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I didn’t see him again until the weekend. Bonnie and Amelia pretty much had me on lockdown. I was being forced to study Latin every minute I had alone. I still went to school every day but still, Bonnie kidnapped me helped me with spells in the art rooms which meant I hadn’t really had a chance to talk to anyone but her and Caroline all week.

“So what did you do for fun on the weekends back where you come from?” Caroline asked me with a smile.

We were sitting in the grill sipping soft drinks. Bonnie was there with me although she barely spoke to Elena. Actually the only person who spoke to Elena was Caroline.

I shrugged and smiled. “I don’t know we went to basketball games, parties, normal stuff like that I guess.”

Elena shot me a look. “Do you assume that what do we here isn’t normal?”

I rolled my eyes. I’d grown comfortable enough around Bonnie and Caroline and Mystic Falls that I was starting to function like I used to. “I didn’t say that, did I? What I meant was what I did back home probably wasn’t much different to here.”

I’d learnt how to sense vampires and other supernatural beings and I’d learnt that Elena was never usually this catty, possessive and jealous but since her transformation into a vampire that side had come out in her. Apparently she has to be around a vampire at all times, just in case she decided she was…hungry.

“So assuming you do actually do the normal things that I did back home, is there anything happening this weekend?” I asked them. “I need to get out the house and do something other than Latin and making feathers float.”

Bonnie looked at me with a warm smile. “I know how you feel; I’ve been with you the whole time.”

I laughed and tapped my fingers on the table before throwing my head back to stare at the ceiling. I kept my eyes closed. I could feel the heat radiating from the light bulb above my head and I liked the feeling. Caroline, Elena and Bonnie were arguing about a party that was going on and how Elena couldn’t go when I felt the heat disappear.

I opened one eye to see Damon grinned down at me.

“Hey Annie, I’ve missed you. What’s been going on?” He asked me with a cheerful grin.

I shrugged as best I could while laying back, staring up at him. “Well Amelia calls it training, I call it detention?”

He frowned slightly. “How so?”

I grinned. “She’s keeping me away from the real fun.”

He chuckled and pulled a chair from the table behind us and sat on it beside me. I was trying my best to completely ignore the other three but then again they were making it pretty easy. I could tell Caroline had given up on keeping me away from him and Elena was awfully jealous at whatever Damon and I had going on. But Bonnie, she didn’t mention it.