We go joyriding. Not.

TONY POV 

It was bring your kid to work day. I hated today. I mean, imagine if your mum/dad was an Avenger and you went to work with them. You'd be stoked.

But almost none of us have kids; so barely any of us can do that.

Which is exactly why I decided that this year I was going to bring a kid. Peter was always hanging out with us, so he didn't really count. Wanda claimed she was 'too old.' And Pepper said I wasn't allowed to pull a kid off the street like I did l last year.

So I was bringing my personal intern, Annabeth.

The chick was smarter than me, and absolutely a Natasha act alike. She didn't fight as much as Nat (that he knew of) but she had fast reflexes and a blow up temper.

None of the other Avengers have met her yet, but I'm sure they'll love her. No. Peter met her the day before yesterday when he blew a hole in his lab, fell through the hole, and landed half on her shoulder, half on the workbench. She just shrugged him off, and pushed the magnetic car blueprints out of his reach.

"TONY STARK!" Screeched Peter, who was only about half a foot away. Why so close so loud?

"You are going to be late, again. And I'm going to be late because on Thursdays I hitch a ride with you. And I can't be late so let's get going."

He dragged me into one of the less expensive cars that I own, that still cost around $750,000. I know, show off much? Yes I am, thank you.

He jumped in the driver's seat, and the still drowsy me lay across the back. We zipped through town. Or at least I wish we did. Peter was such a safe driver we were cruising along at the speed of a granny with her walker.

By the time we reached Stark Towers it would have been quicker to walk. "You are the fastest driver I know."

"That's what my friends all say, but when they get into a car accident I'll be there to say I told you so," he cringed and then corrected himself, "But first I'd take them to a doctor and make sure they were alive and stuff."

"Sure kid, sure."