Chapter two

"Ugh..." I groaned. "Suri...." I felt so tired and I had no energy left. It seemed like we had been walking for hours.

"I know. I know. Shut up and walk faster." She snapped. Even though she was older than me she was really impatient and short tempered. 

"I feel like crap." She turned to look at me.

"Did you bring your pills?" Oops. I was anemic and had to take iron pill thingies every so often. However, I forgot them regularly.

"I didn't bring them. They might of been suspicious as to where I got them." I lied.

"What?!? Don't you realise how important it is that you take them? You better not pass out on me." She threatened.

"I wouldn't dare." I calmly replied. Suri always got worked up over the smallest things. She relentlessly marched on, determined to get to Konoha before night fall. The blue ribbon from her headband swayed in time with her footsteps. The metal on front was blank to show that she didn't belong to a village yet. Suri was going to be an amazing shinobi. I was sure of it.

It seemed like hours before the gates to Konoha appeared in the distance. The sun was just starting to set. "It's there, Suri! It' there!"

"I know! Now remember. We're travelers." She reminded me.

"I remember." I promised. I started to skip but was soon out of breath. Goddamn symptoms. I walked for five minutes before tripping over my own feet and falling flat on my face. Only the ground had stopped being a dirt path and became a tiled floor.

"We're here." Said Suri flatly.

"I realised." I grumbled as I got to my feet and looked about. To the left side there was a small booth and two men were inside. Suri tugged my arm and we strolled over there. 

"Good evening. We're travelers and we would like to stay here for a while." Suri explained. I simply nodded my head. I already made a fool of myself once. One of the guys stepped out the booth and and motioned for us to follow him. The other guy promptly hopped out as well and walked behind us. I stared over my shoulder at him. He had a bandage draped casually across his face. Who would of thought the first Naruto character I would meet would be Kotetsu.

"Ummm.... Can I help you?" He asked me. I guess I had been staring too long. In response I tilted my head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "I'm Kotetsu Hagane. And you are?" 

"I'm Suri and this is Yurie." Suri said for me. Normally I talk far too much. Maybe the silence is for the best though. 

"Nice to meet you!" The guy in front said as he turned around and flashed a grin at us. "Call me Izumo." Half his face was covered by his hair and his wore a leaf village bandanna. He was kinds cute. "We're going to take you to see the Hokage. She needs to meet you before we let you stay in this village."

"Makes sense." Suri agreed. 

"I see your a ninja, Miss Suri." Kotetsu said. 

"Yep. But I don't have a village. We never stayed in one long enough, I guess." She replied calmly. "I never really considered settling down to one place."

"Well the leaf village is a very nice place to live and I'm sure you could be a ninja here." Said Izumo as he blushed. Wait? Blushed? Did Izumo fancy Suri? After all, she is really pretty. He he, they would actually look quite cute together... I daydreamed the rest of the walk to the Hokage's office and all was good for Yurie-kind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out what the characters look like:

http://painandagony.deviantart.com/gallery/40264960