~64~

"Ah...I'm so stuffed..."

"Eomma, I'm happy to see you eating well...."

"I'm feeling better after all that medicine is out of my system, those treatments are not kind to the appetite."

You giggle softly and throw away the paper plates that were once piled high with all your mom's favorite foods from her favorite restaurants, Jimin standing up to help you.

"Here, I can throw them away, the trash can is by the door."

"Okay!"

Giving Jimin a hearty giggle you watch him tenderly grab the plates and walk to the trash can as you lay down in bed with your mom, your chest swollen with newfound hope seeing the glimmer in her eyes.

"Have the doctors said anything today?"

"Actually they haven't, they've mostly just been giving me fluids today!"

"Ah, you need some more, I'll go tell the nurse-"

"Don't worry about it Honey. I'll tell them after you leave I don't want the confusion."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine right now anyway I've had a ton of it today, that's why I'm feeling so well I'm actually not nauseated."

"Ah...Eomma that makes me so happy..."

Wrapping your arms around your mother's neck you take a moment to appreciate the tight squeeze she gives you, her arms for the first time in years able to give you a stronger embrace.

"I love you so much Honey."

"I love you more Eomma."

This is the best day ever...

I'm so happy I didn't avoid the hospital like I wanted to...Eomma seems so happy and cheery...maybe without the treatments she'll be able to find a different way to get better.

"So the doctors haven't said anything about moving you? I need the name of the place so I can write out the check."

"They said yesterday it isn't going to be for a couple of weeks so they're waiting to see who has a room open, for now just hold onto your money Honey, maybe go out and buy yourself something!"

"Or I could save it until I need to pay the facility."

"Honey, for this time take it to buy yourself something nice! They'll accept me and probably wait until the first of the month anyway."

"I...I guess..."

"Ah Jimin, I'm sorry we're leaving you out!"

"No no! I don't mind it, I love listening to your conversations. It reminds me of when I had my Eomma."

"Oh..did something happen to her."

You watch Jimin gets physically uncomfortable as he shifts in his seat, your voice interrupting him when he speaks.

"His mom passed away, he's been taking care of Jungkook all by himself since he was eleven."

"Wow! Such a young age?! No wonder you're so mature!"

"It's been a pleasure taking care of him, but Y/N has had the most impact on my little brother."

"Wow...I'm so happy Y/N has someone like you and Jungkook to lean on..."

You look over at your mom and smile at the familiar shine in her eyes as she looks at Jimin, your heart lightly tugging in your chest.

That's how she always looked at Appa...like he was her savior or something...

"Y/N's father would have loved you, and your little brother too especially since he's into music. Yoongi was always up in his study creating all kinds of new songs."

"Wow..that's amazing..I couldn't imagine being able to write songs like that."

"He was amazing....sometimes he would be sitting at the kitchen table with Y/N and I, and suddenly he would just get up and race off to his study because he thought of a song and had to write it down!"

You giggle at the fond memory of your father and hold your mom's hand, her wedding ring still set on her ring finger where it sat for so many years when your father was alive.

"So he wrote songs for famous people?"

"Yes! He wrote songs for the famous solo artist Kim Seokjin, he was always at our house practicing and recording and coming up with different beats together."

"Wow...that is seriously amazing..."

Your mom looks up at the clock softly then taps your hand and looks at you with a bright smile, her eyes beginning to look slightly tired.

"Alright Honey...I need to get some rest now...and I need those fluids, why don't you go on home now and rest?"

"Alright Eomma. I'll be back tomorrow though okay?"

"Alright!"

You smile wide and give your mom the tightest hug you can muster as you take in the moment, her arms squeezing you the best she can.

"I love you so so much Honey Bear."

"I love you so so much too Eomma."

"It was a pleasure meeting you Jimin, please continue to take good care of my daughter!"

"A-Ah...Thank you...it was a pleasure as well Mrs. Min, I'll do my best I promise!"

With that, you and Jimin walk down the hallway after waving and you walk with the brightest smile, your chest feeling on cloud 9.

I can't believe this.

I'm so happy Jimin got to meet her when she was feeling well..this is the best day she's had in years.

"Jimin, I'm going to take you home then go to my house for a while okay? I need to at least turn on the air in there so it doesn't get humid..."

"Are you okay to be alone?"

"Ah...yeah...I'm sorry about that...My mom is doing amazing actually...if you couldn't tell...she actually ate a meal and could have long conversations..."

"I'm so happy for you Jagiya. Your mom is really nice. Are you coming back to the apartment?"

"Oh yeah! I'm just going to be there for a little bit, I'll come back with some stuff for dinner too."

"Alright. That sounds fine to me."

After you walk Jimin home and give him a kiss you make your way down the long streets darkened by a thick fog, the streetlights looking like balls of sunlight amidst the cool mist.

Ah...

What a great day..if only the weather was a little better...honestly will the rainy gloom ever stop?

Walking down the lengthy humid dirt road to your house you hear the phone ringing inside so you quickly stomp up the wooden stairs and run to the phone out of breath when you answer.

"Yes?"

"Hello, is this Min Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"This is Dr. Song. I'm going to need you to come to the hospital."

.......

"It's about your mother."

(A/N):