Letter five

Dear Harry,

Jonah talked to me today. He was nervous. I could tell because he was stuttering more than usual. I don't mind his stutter though, I quite like it because it makes him unique and stand out from the crowd. I wish I had something that made me special or stand out, but I don't.

My dad is going away on a buisness trip. He's going to be gone for five days.
He didn't even bother to ask if I would be fine on my own. I know now that it is because he genuinely doesn't care. Maybe he never truly cared about his daughter, maybe he was just putting up with me for my mom's sake.

Talking about my dad makes me sad.
It makes me miss my mom. She always cared for me. When I was younger I used to have a lot of nightmares, and my mom would always come in and comfort me. I told her about the dream and she told me the dreams couldn't hurt me. She would sing a lullaby for me until I fell asleep again. I miss her so much, Harry. She tamed my demons then, maybe she could do the same now if she was here. I know you could.

I'm sorry for getting so emotional in my last letter. I almost made it out like it was your fault you don't know I exist. It's not. Of course it's not.
I'm still sad about it, but I've also realized that at least I know you exist. And for that I'm forever grateful, because without you I would've gone mad by now. You do tame my demons.

Love, Florence.