Letter two

Dear Harry,

Today was awful.

I'm not exactly what you would call popular, actually I'm the creepy loner of my school, and now it seems I'm Ginny's new victim too.
Ginny is popular. Everyone likes her. I can't understand why though. She always picks on people and makes them feel like shit. I've been watching from afar and just been grateful that she let me be. But today I got her attention stupid as I am. I've made it this far without her hurtful words, why did I have to screw that up senior year? I was literally one year away from not being bullied by her and I mess it up. Now she's going to mess with me every day, no doubt.
All I did was stand up for Jonah. He has an extreme stutter, and Ginny has found that amusing ever since we were freshmans. Normally I would just sneak past them when they mess with him, but today his pleading brown eyes met mine and I spoke up. I defended him, actually believing things would turn out like they do in movies.

They didn't.

Ginny and her friends beat me up, spit on me and swore to make my senior year a living hell. They didn't even know my name. What did I ever do her? I just stood up for someone.

This is why I'd rather be alone. People are fucked up and apparently everything is some sort of competition.

I feel like you would understand me. You would, wouldn't you?

Love, Florence.