Chapter 4

I sigh and stir my drink around with the straw before taking it out and pressing the cool glass against my lips, knocking the whiskey back with a grimace. Whiskey on the rocks, tasty but scary.

I look around to take in the atmosphere of the club. Loud music, sweaty bodies pressed against each other...and then there's Kayleigh.

She's seemed to catch the attention of a few of the men in the room with her dancing, I snicker a little as she scolds a guy that came up behind her and tried to place his hands on her waist. She's definitely a character.

I pick up the drink menu and see at the bottom in tiny writing and squint.

If you want a good time ask for a Python.

I raise my hand up to signal over the barman and he comes over and gives me a wink.

"What can I get you pretty little lady."

I smile, my cheeks flaring red from his compliment.

"Yes could I grab two Pythons please? One for me and one for my crazy friend over there." I laugh and motion towards a sweaty Kayleigh on the dance floor.

He immediately nods his head, a serious look falling on his face. I raise an eyebrow in confusion at the sudden change of personality. He taps a bulky man on the shoulder and whispers to him and points over in my direction. The bulky man nods his head and walks over towards me. I get tense immediately. Did I say something wrong?

"Get your friend and follow me." He mutters, his voice deep and scary sounding. I almost want to flinch. I gulp and nod, signalling to Kayleigh to come over to me.

She walks towards me and raises an eyebrow after she looks the big man over.
'What did you do.' She mouthed to me, I just shrug with wide eyes in response.

We follow the man and he leads us down a hallway through a heavy door. Dark grey brick walls surround us as we walk down a few flights of stairs.

I'm bloody quivering in my boots at this point. Am I going to die? What happened to my drink? I need something to cost my anxiety right now.

I reach behind me and grab Kayleigh's hand tightly. We're screwed.

We reach another hefty metal door and the man pounds on it with his fist, a slot on top of the door moves.

"Password."

"Python"

The door opens and I hear shouting, whistles and lots of swearing.

I look back at Kayleigh, she looks just about as scared as I am.

"Well ladies, welcome to Club Python, also known as The Underground."

He ushers us forward and the door closes with a bang behind us.

So. Many. People.

People standing on chairs, people swearing and throwing tickets on the floor. I can't even see over anyone's shoulders it's that busy.

I grab Kayleigh's hand tighter and she takes control and starts shoving people to the side until we get to the front of the crowd.

What I see makes my heart beat drum loudly in my chest.

Cage fighting.

Punches after punches.

There's a burley looking man beating the life out of a scrawny boy laying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. I cover my mouth.

"Jaqueline, I think you just got us into an underground cage fighting club."

I face palm immediately. "I ordered something off the drinks menu. It was called a Python. What the fuck have I done." I groan and take a seat on one of the wooden benches.

An announcer is in the centre of the octagon shaped cage now holding the burley mans hand and the other boys in his other.

"Ladies and gentlemen, your winner is..." he raises the burley mans hand "Troy 'The Hammer' Pikes!"

Troy? Out of all names that tank of a man's name is Troy? I almost giggle at the thought.

The crowd erupts into cheers while other shout profanities and throw more tickets on the floor. They must be betting on the fighters.

"This is fucking amazing." I look over to Kayleigh and she has a big smile on her face.

"People to hundreds to see these fights Jaquie! Hundreds!"

I nod my head in understanding, still a bit in shock.

I pull on the rips on my jeans nervously. Suddenly all the lights turn off except for a few blue LED's above the cage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the fight of the night. It's time for The Assassin versus Sandman!"

The sandman must be walking in first. Everyone immediately starts booing. The poor guy, he must be taking a shot to the ego right now.

The announcer speaks over the microphone and announces him as the Sandman. I was right.

I see more movement from the other side of the arena.

The crowd goes wild. The Assassin fella must be everyone's fan favourite.

I see movement over by the side of the cage and see a figure moving through the opening in the side, the coach closing it behind him. He walks around the octagon and right in front of me I see something infuriating.

He pulls his hood down and looks around at the crowd before he makes eye contact with me and winks.

My face goes red, not a flustered red, no I'm fucking furious.

Kayleigh taps me on the thigh. "What's wrong with you?"

"That's the fucking asshole who made me spill my coffee."