Alone Again

When I woke up again I was alone. Looking to the small window and listening for sounds coming from the inn's tavern I guessed it was early morning. The sky was pitch black and  the inn was dead silent.
I rolled over and tried to fall asleep again, but to no avail. I felt as if I have slept for days - extremely tired but unable to sleep. I had to ask Geralt about that once he returned.

Geralt of Rivia - I don't know what to make of him. I heard all these stories about witchers, that they were brutal killing machines with heightened senses and abnormal long life, but without the ability to feel any emotion. But he was so different.
I also heard what my savior did in Blaviken, but to be fair, most people I heard said that the witcher was not the first one to attack.
But he was just different. He could have killed the men who assaulted me with ease, probably even with his bare hands. He could have killed me for crying out loud. Or he could have just ignored my screams and never save me in the first place. But he didn't do any of that.
He decided to help me.
He cared. He must care, otherwise I would not be waiting in this room for him to return.

I couldn't help but wonder where he was now, what he was doing.
Did he find out what was plaguing our town? Had he already found the monster? Was he currently fighting it? Or did he already kill it?

All these questions made it entirely impossible to go to sleep again, so, ripping me out of my pondering I decided that I needed to drink. My head was hurting from dehydration and my throat was extremely dry.
I was used to slight dehydration, as we never got enough to drink, but this was a whole new level. I still don't know for how I've been unconscious and asleep, but probably for days. I just knew that thanks to the lack of water on my body it has decided to work against me.

Getting up to find a cup of water I grew dizzy and black dots appeared in my vision.
All I could think was that I needed to drink, and if i didn't want to pass out, which I would, I needed it now!

Stumbling I found the small table with the jug of water sitting on it, the dying fire being the only source of light in the dark room.
I drank. Almost emptied the entire jug, which could hold at least two liters.
Even with my stomach now filled with water my body was still screaming for the clear liquid. In an attempt to search for more I opened the door that led to the small washroom, and to my luck, sitting there was a bathtub filled with water.
The witcher must have had prepared this and never got the chance to use it. Now the water was cold, but I still decided to get in.
I must stink from not having washed in at least three days, plus the sweat from the light fever I had developed over night.
The water was cold, just as I thought, but it was still warmer than the small pond I had found together with my father when he was still alive. I had tried to visit this place of happy memories as often as I could, but me and tje other girls weren't allowed to leave the house often.
Escaping from that place, that hellhole - I had planned it for months! And now I'm back in this town that took everything from me. I just hope, no, I pray to the gods that Geralt returns before my master finds me. Knowing the inn's maids it won't be long until he knows where I am. If I am alone when that happens I can only hope for a quick death.

_______________________________________

Hello👋🏻
it's me again.
This one is a little shorter, but I will probably upload the next chapter tonight as well.

And ohhhh, things are getting suspicious. What was it exactly that Nienna ran from?

Until then, byeee
~Lisa